Help Scout Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Help Scout Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Help Scout

1 Interview Review

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Help Scout (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

They got back to me day I submitted my application. I was quite shocked actually! (In a really good way).

It started off with a text conversation with the Design team lead, which led to a voice call (both on Skype). He was very friendly, but most importantly, very open, transparent, and knowledgable.

He basically answered all the questions I had about the position and the company.. to the point where I had no questions when asked:

"Do you have any questions for me?"

(I know how important it is to ask questions at this part, of the interview.. based on what I've read on the Internet, haha)

I proceeded to work in a 10 hour sample project. He answered any questions I had really quickly, which allowed me to power through the sample project over the weekend.

I believe I completed it within 6-7 hours.

We discussed how would could expand the project to take up the remaining 3-4 hours of the allotted time. However, he said it wasn't necessary and I proceeded to have video interviews with someone from People Ops and one of the co-founders of the team (both wonderful people).

The video calls were pretty straight forward. I think these were culture focused interviews.

I received an offer in less than a week!

Interview Questions

• Out of all the projects you've worked on/been involved with, what were your most proudest?   Answer Question