Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with regional and flew to Kansas City to interview with DVP and Sr. Vp. interviewed with various people. Interviews were intense and long. Interviewers were professional and well informed. A very long process.

Interview Questions

• What to do with a team member who isn't meeting expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

The store manager interviewed me first then asked another associate to interview me. They then called me back for an interview with the regional. The first interview took over 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What were your sales goals and how did you achieve them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

3 total interviews. Each interview was very professional but also friendly and welcoming. You first will first have a phone interview, then meet with the store manager, then meet with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult situation you can remember resolving at work and how was the outcome   1 Answer

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Mesa, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process followed with a background check. I was contacted via e-mail by a local store manager who found my profile on 'INDEED'. She requested I complete the online assessment and at that point scheduled my interview. Once you 'pass' the 1st interview you move on to the 2nd interview with another store manager. The 3rd interview is with the Regional Manager. If you make it through all 3 and pass the background check an offer if formally made by 'your' store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance in which you disagreed with your manager's decision...   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Traveled to headquarters and met everyone they are great people and they made me feel at home. They take there time and make sure you are right for them. I like that about them, they make it sound like its for the long haul.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

Interview process at my time of hire was a 3-part process. It included two interviews and a telescreen session which verified I wasn't a crazy person or a liar. After successful hire, I was subjected to a hair drug screen, which was painless. The interview is set to be intimidating, but is much less difficult, and hiring is based of a good first impression. Dress well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, based on wages.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2014.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews with recruiter over a 6-month time period. Finally had face-to-face interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each. Long process, but was very comfortable speaking to employees at any level in the management structure. However it was very difficult to know where I stood in the hiring process.

Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Short - brief conversation with Human Resources. Once I met with the actual team, it was more in depth and relevant. A lot about technology and project management. Gave great information on the overall company and why so great.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward when dealing with jewelry. There was an initial interview, then a call back. After these are passed and they would like to hire you, there was a long telephone prompt questionnaire where there was only 5 seconds to answer each question. 90% were fast yes and no ones which were worded to try to trip a person up. The final process was the hair follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed a co-worker stealing, if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

3 levels. 1st is phone interview, 2nd is store manager interview, and 3rd is with the regional manager. The interview consists of a lot of on the job dos and don'ts. Very simple process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to learn how to do something on your own to complete a task.   1 Answer