Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

The store manager interviewed me first then asked another associate to interview me. They then called me back for an interview with the regional. The first interview took over 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What were your sales goals and how did you achieve them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

3 total interviews. Each interview was very professional but also friendly and welcoming. You first will first have a phone interview, then meet with the store manager, then meet with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult situation you can remember resolving at work and how was the outcome   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2014.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews with recruiter over a 6-month time period. Finally had face-to-face interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each. Long process, but was very comfortable speaking to employees at any level in the management structure. However it was very difficult to know where I stood in the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Portage, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

At a coffee bar where the manager and myself discussed the company, personalities of coworkers, and salary expectations. The interview process was extended into three separate sessions. I was also informed of how to dress when starting at the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be a good fit for Helzberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was in person. Easy, simple. Wanted to see if I could do sales and "sell myself" to him before second interview. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Second interview - Lasted about 45. Simple questions. More explanation of the ethics and values of the company. Offered position. Was not open to salary increase. I was denied a higher wage. (Later found out it was because I was female and might need "days off during that time.")

Interview Questions

• "We at Helzberg value ethical practices/products and prize honesty above everything else. How would you convey this in your sales pitch."   Answer Question

Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Short - brief conversation with Human Resources. Once I met with the actual team, it was more in depth and relevant. A lot about technology and project management. Gave great information on the overall company and why so great.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Plainfield, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Not a real interview. Store manager was inappropriate and sexist. The questions he asked were never based around my experience and career goals but only my physical experience and how he viewed himself. Stopped the interview before feeling more violated. After all said and done I probably only said 2 sentences.

Interview Questions

• How much cleavage do you think is appropriate to show at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Well mannered conversation about my experience in the field of sales. Always keep in mind that you are not the only one being interviewed; You must also try to determine if you would like to work with/for your interviewer. When your in sales always consider the pros and the cons. Some managers know how to put up a good front, but may actually lack the skills or motive to see you advance.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience questions? And Loss prevention related questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward when dealing with jewelry. There was an initial interview, then a call back. After these are passed and they would like to hire you, there was a long telephone prompt questionnaire where there was only 5 seconds to answer each question. 90% were fast yes and no ones which were worded to try to trip a person up. The final process was the hair follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed a co-worker stealing, if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Mesa, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process followed with a background check. I was contacted via e-mail by a local store manager who found my profile on 'INDEED'. She requested I complete the online assessment and at that point scheduled my interview. Once you 'pass' the 1st interview you move on to the 2nd interview with another store manager. The 3rd interview is with the Regional Manager. If you make it through all 3 and pass the background check an offer if formally made by 'your' store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance in which you disagreed with your manager's decision...   Answer Question