Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.3

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Plainfield, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Not a real interview. Store manager was inappropriate and sexist. The questions he asked were never based around my experience and career goals but only my physical experience and how he viewed himself. Stopped the interview before feeling more violated. After all said and done I probably only said 2 sentences.

Interview Questions

• How much cleavage do you think is appropriate to show at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Well mannered conversation about my experience in the field of sales. Always keep in mind that you are not the only one being interviewed; You must also try to determine if you would like to work with/for your interviewer. When your in sales always consider the pros and the cons. Some managers know how to put up a good front, but may actually lack the skills or motive to see you advance.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience questions? And Loss prevention related questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward when dealing with jewelry. There was an initial interview, then a call back. After these are passed and they would like to hire you, there was a long telephone prompt questionnaire where there was only 5 seconds to answer each question. 90% were fast yes and no ones which were worded to try to trip a person up. The final process was the hair follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed a co-worker stealing, if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application in early Dec. followed up. No call back until Mid-January. I have many years of jewelry sales, no need to train other the HD system. This was a bait and switch. After all the interview processes and received a call offering me a job for a office position. Of course, I reluctantly accepted with the notion that sales was also expected. All this was a lie from the beginning, not a good company nor the manager/s are anyone who I respect. They beat you down to the point, everyday I was there, I HATED every second.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are typical, nothing to surprising. But looking back I see their lack of knowledge, low level minded managers   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, not happy with the bait and switch offer.

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Mesa, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process followed with a background check. I was contacted via e-mail by a local store manager who found my profile on 'INDEED'. She requested I complete the online assessment and at that point scheduled my interview. Once you 'pass' the 1st interview you move on to the 2nd interview with another store manager. The 3rd interview is with the Regional Manager. If you make it through all 3 and pass the background check an offer if formally made by 'your' store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance in which you disagreed with your manager's decision...   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Traveled to headquarters and met everyone they are great people and they made me feel at home. They take there time and make sure you are right for them. I like that about them, they make it sound like its for the long haul.

Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

3 levels. 1st is phone interview, 2nd is store manager interview, and 3rd is with the regional manager. The interview consists of a lot of on the job dos and don'ts. Very simple process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to learn how to do something on your own to complete a task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Lengthy and required hair analysis. Was required to go to multiple locations to meet with a miriad of management people. The interviews seemed professional and lead you to believe there was money to be made, but as with all female driven industries it's not there. This job would be a stepping stone into sales, but is basically a glorified retail position.

Interview Questions

• Standard sales questions. Nothing innovative or outsatnding   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Aurora, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a couple of interviews, one with regional manager and another one with store manager. I was told that I could potentially make $20,000 just on commission alone. However, months after I started I realized it's almost impossible to make that much of commission in any of the Colorado stores.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The biggest hurtle is passing credit and the integrity test. This company is 90% about loss prevention. So once a manager is interested in you they get you to pass that stuff otherwise don't want to bother interviewing you. Only about 10% of applicants pass both. Then you interview with the manager. No trick questions. From there it's about whether you'll fit in and whether customers will like you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any restrictions on hours or days you are willing to work?   1 Answer