Helzberg Diamonds Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Helzberg Diamonds Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

You meet with the manager of the store and talk for about 10 minutes. They ask you about why you want to work there, ask about your salesmanship, and explain the commission.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Disorganized. Unorganized. Non-organized. The scheduled interviewer was not available when I arrived for my pre-scheduled interview time. The resolution was to complete the interview with non management store associate, who could not get interview questions ready. Needless to say I was not interested at that point and though I allowed the 'interview' process to evolve I did not feel this was a company I wanted to work for. I was told that I would be called by the manger but the call never came. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge in your last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Mays Landing, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I had previously worked as a temporary holiday sales associate. I was interviewed by a store manager that was my equal when I worked at this company a few years earlier. I was very
    disappointed with the attitude of the manager that interviewed me. I have 16 years of fine jewelry experience I was not given the respect I deserve as a seasoned sales professional. The manager offered me less hours than the company had described in their job post. He spoke to me in a manner as if he was trying to discourage me from
    persuing this sales position. He also said I would be expected to help with the office work. This also was not stated in the job description. I continued with the entire interview process. I was never given a call back for a second interview. I usually am called in for a second interview with most
    Jewelers, so this experience was quite different than other companies I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer questioned my flexibility for the hours I am available.   1 Answer
    • The interviewer asked questions about my sales ability.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

Interview process at my time of hire was a 3-part process. It included two interviews and a telescreen session which verified I wasn't a crazy person or a liar. After successful hire, I was subjected to a hair drug screen, which was painless. The interview is set to be intimidating, but is much less difficult, and hiring is based of a good first impression. Dress well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, based on wages.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Longer process but thorough as they want a good fit for the store. Three interviews with three separate managers and then had another with a regional manager. Interview was straightforward with many behavioral questions. Sales and customer based questioning focusing on reactions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

I applied online, the manager called me and I went in for an interview, it lasted probably an hour, there was much social talking mixed in with regular interview questions. I was called back for a second interview both with store manager and the assistant manager, it was basically just more of the same. They offered me the job then and I started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult, this manager was very easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure you know what your STATUS is going to be before accepting a position.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was in person. Easy, simple. Wanted to see if I could do sales and "sell myself" to him before second interview. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Second interview - Lasted about 45. Simple questions. More explanation of the ethics and values of the company. Offered position. Was not open to salary increase. I was denied a higher wage. (Later found out it was because I was female and might need "days off during that time.")

Interview Questions

• "We at Helzberg value ethical practices/products and prize honesty above everything else. How would you convey this in your sales pitch."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Portage, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

At a coffee bar where the manager and myself discussed the company, personalities of coworkers, and salary expectations. The interview process was extended into three separate sessions. I was also informed of how to dress when starting at the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be a good fit for Helzberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Well mannered conversation about my experience in the field of sales. Always keep in mind that you are not the only one being interviewed; You must also try to determine if you would like to work with/for your interviewer. When your in sales always consider the pros and the cons. Some managers know how to put up a good front, but may actually lack the skills or motive to see you advance.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience questions? And Loss prevention related questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward when dealing with jewelry. There was an initial interview, then a call back. After these are passed and they would like to hire you, there was a long telephone prompt questionnaire where there was only 5 seconds to answer each question. 90% were fast yes and no ones which were worded to try to trip a person up. The final process was the hair follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed a co-worker stealing, if so what did you do?   Answer Question