Hendrickson International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International (Canton, OH).

Interview

Recruited by an outside recruiter. Process took about 2 weeks to set up interviews with Hendrickson HR and directors. Interviewed with several directors and VP. No one at any time discussed particulars of the position I was being interviewed for instead they all discussed how large the company was, their market share and the culture.

Interview Questions

• No one really had any real questions regarding position. They spent a lot of time selling Hendrickson "culture".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to make small negotiation in my favor.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International.

Interview

The first thing was a computer test on excel to see if you had basic skills. It was a standard test. Highlight specific rows and columns. Insert numbers then get a sum. Very simple if you have used excel. Then it was your basic interview questions. Past work experience, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. The key to doing well is studying the job description and brushing up on all of the terms used in it because that is what they are going to inquire about.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with MRP and are do you know what a BOM is?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International.

Interview

I didn't apply for any job with them, they saw my profile and initiated communication. In person interview went very unprofessional hr showed up 10mins late , technical was flat.
    Interviewers were not prepared at all. They were going through the resume for the first time. They were more interested in what my company was doing, I doubt if there was ever even position open.
    Low energy levels of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, tell me about yourself, why are you looking for a job.   Answer Question

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hendrickson International (Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I did not apply for this position, their HR found my resume on-line and contacted me to see whether I am interested. I liked the job description and agreed to attend an on-site interview.

They were more interested in what I am currently doing and what technical secrets they can take out of you, since they know you want the job and they would play with you to get more and more information on technical issue. I stopped the panel who asked about my current role and how I address technical challenges that are related to their business, be careful with these people.

I personally think before calling me for the interview they had selected their own candidate and the reason for inviting me was first to access some technical information and second to show there is a competition, it was a show, no lunch treat, which is a norm for candidates who come from another state, very poor communication and professionalism, I read similar reviews from another job candidate with this company who has been played by them several times. I am happy I was not selected since these people are not trustworthy and reliable. I wish I had declined their invitation for the on-site interview after I read similar review from another job seeker on glassier.com, be careful and do not let them to play with you.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hendrickson International in March 2015.

Interview

First of all they have been reposting the same jobs every 3 months for about a year. So I finaly got a call from a Human Resources rep after contacting an outside recruiting firm. I think they are interviewing other people to gain information on goverment vehicle programs in the hopes of getting new buisness from other companies as stated in another interview. So I talk to human resources and they start grilling me on changing jobs when im doing consulting work on contract for much better vehicle OEMs. Well thats as far as it went. My gut says to not trust them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Explain the actions you took to complete the projects listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International (Hebron, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early for the interview, but I was left waiting to meet with interviewer for another 25 minutes after that. Met with operations, plant manager, and ME's for abut 2 hours or more. There seemed to be a difference of opinions as to what the role was.

Welder Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International.

Interview

slow process to hire human resources moves slowly here dont know why it is this way worked here for 5 months really couldnt get a straight answer for things going on

Interview Questions

• why the loss in wage to move me and my family out of state for my job   Answer Question

loss in wages by 4.00 an hour to move to kentucky

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International (Canton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

The overall process was fairly simple. Hendrickson management was very interested in class projects and any events that required team work and leadership skills. The interview process was easy, however, nothing at this company happens quickly. Expect to wait a couple weeks to hear back. I already accepted another position before I got the call from Hendrickson.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time either in a classroom or professional setting where you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult person .. how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with HR Rep was very standard and easy. On site interview was scheduled for 1 hour each with 4 different people. It makes for a long day and eating lunch while trying to be at your best during the interview is quite awkward. They responded within a day that they wanted to move forward and I was given an offer and just a few days to respond.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few very specific questions regarding material properties for a specific engineering material. This is the type of information that is easily referenced from a book or online and need not be memorized unless you are using it on a daily basis. I don't understand what they are trying to accomplish by asking this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary a little bit. They were not willing to negotiate at all on benefits.

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kendallville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson International (Kendallville, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

Pre-screen, several phone interviews, in person interview with hiring manager and a direct report. Duplication of questions from both parties. Standard questions, task and experience related as well as reasons for previous position departures. They use an outside company for reference checking and that company representative seemed disinterested in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in using lean as a scheduling improvement technique.   Answer Question