Hennepin County Medical Center Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Hennepin County Medical Center Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

To be honest, I don't remember applying for this position. I recall reading an email that they were moving forward with my application. I wanted to test the water and explore other opportunities so I decided to advance with the process.

Someone from HR sent me an email to verify my schedule and would provide a tentative interview schedule. I responded later in the day and it took about a week and a half to hear back from HR. I was beginning to think they forgot about me but then I received an email 2 days before the scheduled interview.

I was asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the interview. When I checked in, receptionist made a response, "Oh man, you're early. You're going to have to sit and wait." My scheduled time for the interview came and gone, the interviewers were late.

While I was waiting for my interview, the HRs were "gossiping" about potential candidates and why they didn't feel they should pass a certain person. It was loud enough for me to hear comments such as, "man that lady had such a heavy accent, I didn't understand anything she said. I just kept saying yes to move along with the conversation." As a prospective employee that was a precursor for what's to come.

I had a 4:1 interview. 3 out of the 4 people were going to be on the same team as me. I took one look around the room and realized that the only person I would want to work with, wouldn't be on the same team as I. The 3 interviewers did not smile, seemed disinterested, were yawning, and quite frankly unprofessional. I sensed the morale was low and I would not be happy in that work setting despite being paid more than my current position. It made denying the offer so much easier.

Epic Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening by HR. Skype interview conducted by supervisor and manager for position. These folks had a list of specific questions that had to be asked. The manager asked the questions while the supervisor seemed more engaged and provided responses to most of candidate's inquiries.

HCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, everyone was helpful in helping me find my way to the right interviewer. The interview didnt take very long and I felt comfortable.Felt confident that after my interview i would get the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how comfortable I am in a diverse hospital   1 Answer

Medical Scribe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was also told that one of the MD "hated" my position. They spent 80% time bragging about the rep. The MD's then APOLOGIZED for their questions they were asking me, and one of them undermined the others questions. I took an exam on the MD's computer (security risk, anyone!?).

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Disorganized panel interview whereby a total of 15 people asked questions over a one hour period. Only half were present at the beginning of the interview and the others came throughout the process constantly interrupting the flow of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you use innovation to solve a specific problem?   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone screening, 1:2, 1:4.

Process moved quick but suddenly stopped. HR was professional, thorough and approachable. Wouldve liked some feedback while waiting. I didn't get any so I continued my search.
    Office culture seemed a bit...intimidated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... Give me an example of... How do you react to...   Answer Question

It took 8 weeks. I received another offer in the meantime and like where I am.

HCH Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted within a week or so. They brought me in for a interview with two people, the process was very standard. Just a few hours after the interview they called and asked if I could come back soon and meet the Program Manager. After doing this I was offered a job hours after leaving that interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about level of engagement when it comes to the HCMC mission.   1 Answer

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

The office culture seems like WARNING, when I enjoyed the Manager, but supervisors feel intimidated, no follow up only dismissive call from HR director stating we are still looking, and all canidates will be notified. Then she began taking defense of her HR recruiter stating I had been called. I had sent a thank you email with no response.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

There were several interviews and a stringent selection process. The steps included a phone screening, two panel interviews, and a one on one meeting with the director.

I was impressed by the professionalism and the dedication of the staff. The job offer and negotiations were handled in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one or two achievements from your previous roles.   Answer Question