Henry M. Jackson Foundation Interview Questions in Bethesda, MD | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was lengthy and misleading. I did not feel comfortable with the hr team and I am disappointed that the team was unsure of the candidates they wanted before bringing me in for an in person interview.

Regulatory Affairs Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was much like a conversation and relaxed. Person asking the questions offered no feed back or emotion to gauge responses with. They only asked questions along the lines of describe what you do now, how would handle this situation and what salary are you seeking. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Laboratory Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview was with 3 hiring managers in a conference room. The atmosphere seemed pretty laid back and the managers were very casual and welcoming in conversation. Overall, it was comfortable speaking with them and didn't feel the least bit interrogative. It was scheduled to last an hour, but only lasted about 30 minutes. They each had a copy of my resume so they asked questions about that and told me more details on the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of how you handle multiple things at once?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in the lab, with SOP's, etc?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Henry M. Jackson Foundation via their website and was contacted about 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview for the position. The phone interview ended up being a phone conference with one of the Scientists and the Scientific Director of the Center and lasted about 30 minutes. During the phone interview, I was asked pretty standard interview questions and was asked to elaborate on my resume points.

About 3 days later, I was contacted and asked to come in for a secondary interview so I could meet more of the team and get a better grasp on the role of a Research Assistant at the Center. My second interview lasted from about 8:30 AM - 11 AM, and during that time I went through four 30-minute interviews and a 30-minute tour of the Center. I met with a Researcher, two Research Assistants, a Scientist and the Scientific Director of the Center (both whom I conducted my phone interview with), and the Research Coordinator.

Everyone that I met in the Center was extremely nice and very transparent about the role of a Research Assistant and how it supports the team and the Foundation as a whole. The most striking thing to me was the level of dedication by the staff to the work done by the Center (their research focuses on psychological impact/prevalence of traumatic stress, mainly with the military and veteran population). It's refreshing to see a workplace where the employees truly find value and importance in the work they're doing, and that passion lends itself to the positive environment created by the Center.

Interview Questions

• In regards to research, what would you say your strengths are? Your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions, and past work experience. It was extremely straight forward. Because this was for a research lab, many of the questions stemmed from past research experience, and what type of work I was interested in. The first interview was a phone screening interview, then two subsequent interviews with managers and supervisors.

Graphic Artist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online; and maybe a week or two later I was called for an interview. In order to get on the base, for the interview, they do a background check to see if your worthy (eligible). Once approved and on the base everything seemed pretty smooth. The interview was great, and very welcoming. The Medical & Emergency (MEM) department seemed as though they were really open to innovation and creative ideas.

Interview Questions

• What type of design are you most comfortable with print or digital?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize projects for multiple people including upper management and other organization departments.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate my salary, and the next day it was done.

Clinical Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a positive experience. After completing an interview at the HJF headquarters I was contacted by the HJF Human Resources Department and offered the job within three days of my interview. I was informed of next steps and was guided through the whole process. The interview was laid back and the interviewers were very kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Clinical Research Manager? How could you contribute to the IDCRP? What are your longterm goals?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in November 2008.

Interview

The Project Director, Lab Manager, and Team Lead interviewed me. The Project Director was weird - he would lean forward and stare at me intensely in a way that was rude and would have made most people feel uncomfortable. The Team Lead knew the job I was interviewing for and was enthusiastic about my qualifications. The Lab Manager just kind of nodded his head at everything and seemed impressed with me as well.

Interview Questions

• Can you cite an instance where you did not get along with an employee and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Poor. I was told "this is the salary."