Henry M. Jackson Foundation Interview Questions in Bethesda, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The interview was straightwforward with standard questions. There was a team of research assistants who were all listening to my responses. They descirbed the job's responsabilities thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you face an ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How have you developed your organizational skills?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was lengthy and misleading. I did not feel comfortable with the hr team and I am disappointed that the team was unsure of the candidates they wanted before bringing me in for an in person interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Quickly received a call after applying, and staff was excellent in guiding me thru the interview process with my department. They focus on education and ability to apply it to cases and hypothetical situations in interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to explicitly relate my thesis to their work.   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was much like a conversation and relaxed. Person asking the questions offered no feed back or emotion to gauge responses with. They only asked questions along the lines of describe what you do now, how would handle this situation and what salary are you seeking. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Laboratory Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview was with 3 hiring managers in a conference room. The atmosphere seemed pretty laid back and the managers were very casual and welcoming in conversation. Overall, it was comfortable speaking with them and didn't feel the least bit interrogative. It was scheduled to last an hour, but only lasted about 30 minutes. They each had a copy of my resume so they asked questions about that and told me more details on the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of how you handle multiple things at once?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in the lab, with SOP's, etc?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Henry M. Jackson Foundation via their website and was contacted about 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview for the position. The phone interview ended up being a phone conference with one of the Scientists and the Scientific Director of the Center and lasted about 30 minutes. During the phone interview, I was asked pretty standard interview questions and was asked to elaborate on my resume points.

About 3 days later, I was contacted and asked to come in for a secondary interview so I could meet more of the team and get a better grasp on the role of a Research Assistant at the Center. My second interview lasted from about 8:30 AM - 11 AM, and during that time I went through four 30-minute interviews and a 30-minute tour of the Center. I met with a Researcher, two Research Assistants, a Scientist and the Scientific Director of the Center (both whom I conducted my phone interview with), and the Research Coordinator.

Everyone that I met in the Center was extremely nice and very transparent about the role of a Research Assistant and how it supports the team and the Foundation as a whole. The most striking thing to me was the level of dedication by the staff to the work done by the Center (their research focuses on psychological impact/prevalence of traumatic stress, mainly with the military and veteran population). It's refreshing to see a workplace where the employees truly find value and importance in the work they're doing, and that passion lends itself to the positive environment created by the Center.

Interview Questions

• In regards to research, what would you say your strengths are? Your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted application materials to the hiring faculty directly. Next day, a phone interview was requested in favor of my research background.
    After a week, I visited the military base where the university was located. I was introduced to research laboratory environment and had a chance to talk with a lab member and other lab members. I had a lunch together before I went back to home. Overall, it was a very nice smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were not specific question evaluating my criteria. It was more likely to introduce the research lab environment and their main research projects at current.   1 Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions, and past work experience. It was extremely straight forward. Because this was for a research lab, many of the questions stemmed from past research experience, and what type of work I was interested in. The first interview was a phone screening interview, then two subsequent interviews with managers and supervisors.

Graphic Artist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online; and maybe a week or two later I was called for an interview. In order to get on the base, for the interview, they do a background check to see if your worthy (eligible). Once approved and on the base everything seemed pretty smooth. The interview was great, and very welcoming. The Medical & Emergency (MEM) department seemed as though they were really open to innovation and creative ideas.

Interview Questions

• What type of design are you most comfortable with print or digital?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize projects for multiple people including upper management and other organization departments.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate my salary, and the next day it was done.

Clinical Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a positive experience. After completing an interview at the HJF headquarters I was contacted by the HJF Human Resources Department and offered the job within three days of my interview. I was informed of next steps and was guided through the whole process. The interview was laid back and the interviewers were very kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Clinical Research Manager? How could you contribute to the IDCRP? What are your longterm goals?   Answer Question