Henry M. Jackson Foundation Interview Questions in Silver Spring, MD | Glassdoor

Henry M. Jackson Foundation Interview Questions in Silver Spring, MD

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty easy. Mostly just asked about my research experience, then spent the rest of the time telling me about the position and letting me ask questions. Invited for an in-person interview that I haven't gone on yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The interview process entails several standard steps and does not feel gratuitous. The process begins with a preliminary phone interview (10-45 mins). If the phone interview is successful, then you continue to an in-person interview, which lasts for about 1 to 2 hours. The phone interview roughly gauges your skill level and appropriateness for for position. The in-person interview is a more thorough scrutinization of your specific skills pertaining to the job, as well as your personality and how you'd fit in with others at the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a challenge you went through in the workplace, and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took about 4 weeks for HR to reach out for a phone interview which lasted about 25-30 mins. The HR interviewer was very nice and professional. The in-person interviewers however were very brief. The interviewers were distant and did not ask any questions but more so just talked down to me as though I never stepped foot in a laboratory nor spent 4 years of my life enrolled in a university taking courses that closely correlates with this position. I spent more time speaking with the techs than the supervisors. The supervisors didn't even give me a chance to tell them about myself. The interview was a waste of my time and gas. The supervisors and managers liked my resume but did not like the person that came with it. Would I say that the lab managers and supervisors are racist? From what I saw and how they treated me in less than 8 mins, yes.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Easy and reasonable questions. Basically, you are going to meet every member of the lab group. They will gauge you based on intellect and how you fit to the company's culture.