Hensel Phelps Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hensel Phelps Field Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hensel Phelps

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process truly starts upon shaking the recruiter's hand (usually on-campus) and continues for a solid two weeks thereafter. The first engagement determines whether or not you'll be attending the actual interview at the district that's hiring. Upon making the cut (from the pool of first-impression-candidates), you'll move on to the "Round Robin" interview which consists of 5 to 10 current employees. The interviewers do not take on HR roles but range from Project Engineers to Managers and Superintendents.

Interview Questions

• Overall, there truly was not a difficult question. The questions were quite exciting and straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I do not suggest negotiating - The company does a very good job in putting forth a competitive yet fair offer. Do ask about the company benefits and learn about what employees of the company accumulate over time in the form of additional benefits and retirement plan. It'll make more sense as to why an entry level candidate shouldn't negotiate the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Hensel Phelps

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

The interview was with five operation managers. The questions were unlike any other interview I have had in they past in the sense that they were not asked by HR personnel. All of the questions were field and experienced based. No trick or psychological questions here. Very smooth and went by quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was part of the college recruitment process for my starting interview. I was asked to fly on the company budget to Arizona to participate in the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews started as a social activity the night before the interviews with about 25 people from the district office. We went to a driving range by the name of Top Golf and had a very enjoyable time. The environment was very laid back and it was pretty easy to talk with others and get to know the people in the company. The next morning the interviews were held from 8 A.M. till 4 P.M. with a lunch break in between the interviews were round robin and I was interviewed by six different members of the company ranging form the community outreach coordinator, to superintendents, operations managers and then the district manager. The interviews seemed to just be a continuation of the conversations that I had been having with those individuals the night before. Fairly laid back, but at the same time there were two that had more of a direct approach personality during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were handed a quarter million dollars?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Denver, CO).

Interview

The on campus interview was very behavioral question based.
    Second Interview: 5 Separate interviews. Job Site visit. Social event. The entire process was very relaxed and the company is mainly looking for whether you are a good fit for the company. The company office was very nice and everyone was friendly.

Low starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Chantilly, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come to Chantilly for 2 days for interviews. We went to Bonefish for dinner. It was lowkey, just a chance to meet some younger guys in the company. The next day we went and toured a few jobsites, checked out the office, and then had round robin interviews.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult. Use 3 words to describe yourself was one of the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't declined or accepted yet. I have also not tried to negotiate yet.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. I went in and met several managers, a week later I received a formal offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

I sat in front of a superintendent and an estimator. There interview was very straight forward and comfortable. They really just reviewed my resume with me. The big key with these guys is to display that you are willing to pick up and move wherever they need you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, everyone starts out with the same offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Make sure you show the you have a passion for building, construction and do not mind getting dirty. Dinner and Bocci Ball with all the Candidates then they get you a hotel room. Next day you interview with about 7 different people all separately.

Interview Questions

• What is the funnest thing you have ever done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

A representative came to my university during the college fair and chose a limited number of students for an on-campus interview. About 4 weeks after the on-campus interview, I received an email inviting me to a second round interview at the corporate headquarters. The interview was "speed dating" style.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

1st round- Interview with a local project engineer and a field engineer. General interview questions; why construction, why Hensel Phelps?

2nd round-Group interview at district headquarters. Interviewed by 6 different employees for about 15-20 minutes each. Questions differed depending on who was giving the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call by local project engineer then a formal email with contract.