Hensel Phelps Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

There were about 6 20 mins interview. You meet with different level of the management. The interview was not hard but it took about 2 hours. Traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    Why do you want to work in construction?
    Name some tools used in the construction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hensel Phelps

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a brief 20 minute phone screen to get to know you and understand your skills. Round robin interview style when you get to the district office for an interview. 4 30 minute interviews with various levels of management. Very relaxed and everyone was kind and easy going. They are not going to drill you with questions. They just want to make sure you will fit in well with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview at the career fair, follow-up interview at their district office. Their senior personnel seemed really friendly for the most part! Their HR staff was also really friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

Willing to relocate is of the utmost importance to this company, as well as most other large companies in our industry...cold feet...other options. Deadline to respond to the offer seemed too close. Needed more time to make up my mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four interviewers, each one at a time. I thought i did really well on my interview but i got shocked when i saw that i was rejected. Emailed them to know why i was rejected to improve my skills for my future interviews, but i didn't get any response back which i think its unprofessional to ignore my email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two stage interview. Stage 1 was round robin type interview in the local office where I met with 5 people. If you make it past the first stage, you move onto a two-day interview the following week. The second stage consists of site visits as well as activities meant to get to know the other applicants as well as the current employees you might be working with. The second day is strictly interviews where again they use a round robin style. Here you meet with 4 or 5 of the higher ups in 15 minute interviews for about 4 hours total with breaks in between. After a week or two you know whether you will receive an offer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very round robin style interviews with company upper management. The experience was very challenging and some what intimating because you interview with the district VP and operations managers they ask a lot of questions about your work experience and your personality to see if you are a company fit.

Interview Questions

• Why Hensel Phelps, What drives you, Three words to describe yourself, Describe a time your integrity was questioned or challenged, Describe an obstacle that you had to overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

recruted me at my school for an internship. I had two internships with the company. those who have interned with the company do no have to have an interview. but those without internships will be flown to the district office for a in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in January and received a rejection 2 weeks later. In March, Hensel Phelps was coming to my school to have an information session. I was contacted approx. 4 weeks later for a first round interview at their San Diego office. The interview consisted of 3 separate 15 minute interviews with Project Manager, Superintendent, and finally Operations Manager. Very straightforward. Hiring process was quick from then on. I was invited 2 days after the first interview for a second interview at the district headquarters in Irvine, CA. There was about 16 interviewees from different backgrounds. We were all given a schedule of what room to be in at what time and who our interviewers were. This stage consisted of another 3 separate interviews as well. It followed a "speed-dating" format. Received an offer a week later.

Straightforward questions. Interview was very conversational and was more or less driven by how you frame your qualifications and what you want to highlight that would make you a more desirable candidate. They really wanted to make sure I was a good fit based on my personality, work ethic, and motivation.

Advice: BE YOURSELF and have a genuine conversation.

Interview Questions

• You are the chief of police for a large metropolitan area. Your men has apprehended a man who has claimed he planted a bomb in a highly populated area in the city. You have one hour, what do you do?

If you were to interrogate the terrorist, where would you draw the line?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Excellent compensation package as is.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

Three interviews, including a dinner and round robin style interviews the next morning. Easy going people, very concerned with right fit versus skills you bring to the table. Fun interview process, don't get stressed out!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not flexible with their offer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

The interview was with five operation managers. The questions were unlike any other interview I have had in they past in the sense that they were not asked by HR personnel. All of the questions were field and experienced based. No trick or psychological questions here. Very smooth and went by quickly.