Hensel Phelps Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hensel Phelps

2.7

Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

I received a series of phone calls from different people within the company two were from hiring managers and the other was from a project inspector. It took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
  • Talk about what sets you apart from your peers. Do you consider yourself a self starter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an offer letter to my email within 30 mins of my last phone interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Hensel Phelps

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in September 2015.

Interview

Very Casual process. I went to the career fair and spoke to the recruiter for a few minutes, I transitioned my questions into an opportunity for a interview. I was offered an interview for the following morning. I gladly accepted and went on with my business at the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? etc...   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Mass interview. You get interviewed from many people. You even get interview from the vice president. Every body seem friendly, and you get put into a waiting room at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were nice and the process took about 20 minutes. There were three staff interviewing me. They asked me some general questions. What I would do if I disagreed with my manager, etc.And they also gave me a scenario question, which I was not very familiar with.

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

They came to the construction career fair at my school. The first day was like any career fair where you gave out your resumes, and talked to the reps at the booth. The second day was the interview. They sat with my resume and asked me for an example of something I did on everything single line.

Interview Questions

• How are you paying for college?
      What did you not like about the last company you interned for?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

It was a standard casual interview, simple and laid-back. If you click well with the people at HP you will get an offer most likely. Best way to prepare is review the company's website and reflect on the experiences in your resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in September 2014.

Interview

The first interview was relatively easy, there were some general questions about past employment experiences, leadership experiences and relevant coursework. Nothing too tricky, pretty straightforward question about why I chose my field and what I intend to get out of the internship. the 2 interviewers were pretty friendly and personable, pretty easy to talk to and communicate with. As long as you know your resume well and understand why each item is on it and how it contributes to your professional development, you should be able to do well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, as mentioned before: know your resume well   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

I interviewed with them and I clicked immediately with the recruiters, so I received an on the spot interview. The interview wasn't difficult because I had a background in many of the things they were asking me to be detailed about. I would say the interview wasn't a difficult one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

Recruited at school Fall Career Fair and was called back for an interview the next day. I had two interviewers who were not too tough but not easy either. They really focused on getting to know me as an individual first and then further investigated my skill set and experiences in industry thus far. I got a call back in 3 days or so saying I had gotten the job!

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was very professional, they don't make you feel like you are being interrogated; it's more like a conversation. I interviewed on a Wednesday, and heard back the following Tuesday; received my offer that Friday. I interviewed for about 30 mins with a project engineer, than another separate 30 mins with an area superintendent.

Interview Questions

• They mostly want to know why you want to be in construction. Several situational questions about leadership. What you know about HP. Then all the typical questions; i.e. tell me about yourself, etc..   Answer Question