Hensel Phelps Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hensel Phelps Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hensel Phelps

2.4

Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that was easy. The employee that held my interview was very nice and easy going. Not very many questions, more of a phone conversation than an interview. I got invited to do an on-site interview the following month, which consists of 5 interviews, each being roughly 20 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hensel Phelps

Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a university career fair and stayed in touch afterwards. I got an email about scheduling a phone interview a few weeks later. The person in charge of hiring was very nice, and kept me in the loop the entire time. They did a phone interview first to determine if you're a match, and then they bring people in to the main office for in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to be creative   1 Answer

Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview

Interview

Met them through a career fair and got a call back. Had the interview two days later. Honestly, I just needed a job but the way they were interviewing was not at all welcoming. I know that some employers are interviewing for their new employees but this is an opportunity for employees to interview employers.

Interview Questions

• Asked some technical questions to make sure that you knew what you were talking about.   Answer Question

Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview

Interview

Few rounds of interview. First interview shortly after the career fair. The second round of interview is at their office. The company flew interviewees out and took them on a site visit. The interview was a round robin interview with managers of various departments. Few weeks to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Their hiring interview was a positive experience. I was expecting to be asked more information about my current experience and details on related projects. I spoke to both hiring mangers at the same time and then I was interview on a one on one situation. It felt more of a personality fit and willingness to do the job type of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Lubbock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and laid back company reps came dressed in blue jeans and collard shirts. Most questions were just carried on in conversation nothing too serious. Guys were really nice asked about prior experience and why I am suited for this specific job.

Interview Questions

• Ask you about yourself dont get too in depth. Most questions were based on why you like HP and where you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview questions are designed not to stump you or challenge you in any way, but rather to gauge what type of person you are and what your personality can bring to the company. There were several interviewers, and the interview was a round robin style of interview. The interviews included your typical interview questions as well as some personal questions to get a sense of who you are.

Some general advice is to just be yourself, because the company is looking for people that they would like to work with, rather than just resume items.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into construction? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question