Hensel Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hensel Phelps Interview Questions

Interviews at Hensel Phelps

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Miami, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was held at school by one rep. It was very straight forward and nothing to it. I ended up getting the internship and only enjoyed working in the office.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Interview consisted of meeting with vice president of region, two general superintendents and two operations managers. Met with each for about 10-15 minutes. General discussion topics. Why construction? Past experiences? Leadership skills? Willingness to travel / work long hours? etc. Everyone was friendly and it lasted about 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you displayed leadership whether during school or your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2018.

Interview

A few different people called me and wanted to know my intent, desires and skill set. I was brought in for an interview at one of the job site offices. I interviewed with one of the Operations manager. He really just wanted to see if I was willing to stick around for the long term and if I would fit the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Will you make this a career and note just a short term job?
      Are you willing to move?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

HP flew me in from my university up in Lubbock, down to Austin the night before and put me up in a hotel with the other applicants. next day was the Round Robin Interview at their District office in Austin, TX. 14 applicants, split 7 and 7. 7 stayed at the office and interviewed 10 min/ea with the top executives at the office. Very casual and friendly (the recruiters did a great job at selecting folks who would fit into this interview process well). Meanwhile the other 7 toured a job site nearby. After a catered lunch, the groups switched roles and parted ways. After it was all said and done they drove us all to the airport. Offers were sent out less than a month later.

Interview Questions

• Are you Married? What do they do for a living? I ask because you will move a couple of times throughout your career and your relocation will affect your spouse and their career. Are they aware of that? what do they think about that? (I thought this question was very thoughtful, not directly related to the job, but insightful towards the work/life balance offered by the company. it keyed me in to a very employee-centered focus)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Diego, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Interview site is on a construction site. You meet the secretary who gave you a list of PMs you will meet with.
    The interview with 15 mins for each person, round robin style. You are asked to wait in the waiting room until they are ready.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Round Robin, it was three day event consisting of many activities and getting to meet some of the upper which is rare. Did a couple of fun activities, everything was paid for, and on the last day that's with the final interviews where conducted.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through a 1st round interview on campus then a 2nd round-robin at the district office. 2nd round included a tour of some current jobs in the area. Day was split into two parts, tour then all afternoon interviewing with 4 different operational people.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a brief 20 minute phone screen to get to know you and understand your skills. Round robin interview style when you get to the district office for an interview. 4 30 minute interviews with various levels of management. Very relaxed and everyone was kind and easy going. They are not going to drill you with questions. They just want to make sure you will fit in well with the company.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

There were about 6 20 mins interview. You meet with different level of the management. The interview was not hard but it took about 2 hours. Traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work in construction?
      Name some tools used in the construction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very round robin style interviews with company upper management. The experience was very challenging and some what intimating because you interview with the district VP and operations managers they ask a lot of questions about your work experience and your personality to see if you are a company fit.

Interview Questions

• Why Hensel Phelps, What drives you, Three words to describe yourself, Describe a time your integrity was questioned or challenged, Describe an obstacle that you had to overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question