Hensel Phelps Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hensel Phelps Project Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hensel Phelps

2.6

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

The interviews were round robin style and I met with six or seven different individuals. The company responded within a few days after the interview process with an offer. The whole thing seemed a little more intense than it needed to be but I understand the desire to have multiple people review the same candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hensel Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was working for another company on one of their sites. The Safety Director for the site called me into is his office and asked if I was interested at all in working for Hensel Phelps. I actually was looking around at the time and for what I saw of the site I was on with them HP was very organized. I sat and talked with the safety director about general departments of HP and their responsibilities. He told me if I truly was interested he had a place for me. I thought about it and safety was not where I saw myself heading and declined

Interview Questions

• Willingness to travel and relocate per project needs   1 Answer

position offered was not in direction I saw my career going

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

Attended a college recruitment presentation which was put on by current employees. I found their presentation to be somewhat unprofessional-their employees were cursing during the presentation. They also greatly emphasized the importance of relocation which gave me the impression they did not place a high value on community.

Interview Questions

• None of their interview questions were very far beyond simple resume questions or the most commonly asked interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very friendly. I expected an interrogation style interview to really qualify me. The interview largely consisted of going over my resume while I explained certain things that I have done in the past. The interviews were great and made me feel welcomed especially considering I lack experience. I attempted to communicate values rather than experience as values and character are timeless and cannot be learned easily. I was quickly offered the internship within a few days and I accepted. Hensel Phelps is appears to be a great company that has been around for a while.

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2018.

Interview

I talked to Hensel Phelps at a career fair here at Purdue University. The recruiter and I really hit it off. I interviewed the same day. Just had a casual conversation to get to know more about me.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2017.

Interview

short and brief and it was very in formal. they didn't have it very well structured or laid out. it was almost awkward and uncomfortable. very not personable

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Good Cop/Bad Cop. One interviewer seemed genuine and interested in your background/history. The other seemed to have an attitude problem and was not interested in doing the interview at all.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in August 2017.

Interview

May the Applicant BEWARE! I Initially applied and interviewed for a Project Engineer, by the 2nd interview (and without telling me) my credentials were lowered and I interviewed for an Entry Level Field Engineer. Without telling me, credentials were disqualified from the construction division and reviewed for the facilities services division.
      Lastly, Between seeing their office, executive board, and their employees at a job site, Hensel Phelps has a SERIOUS diversity problem! Minorities should consider applying else where.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time in life, school or work and how did you apply a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Boone, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke with two representatives at a college career fair. They called me back the same day to schedule a next-day interview. Good interview with honest questions: concerned about who you are as a person and your professional goals. Sincere upper level management looking for flexible, skilled talent. Great benefits package and company has room for advancement. That being said, they have a very structured career track without much room for in between milestones.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

It is a typical interview. They have set dates where they will bring in a couple different people for a few positions to interview all at once. You interview with upper management level individuals that ask about your experience, why want to work with Hensel Phelps, what you like to do. No really difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions   1 Answer