Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

The interview process was very rushed, as I felt the interviewer was busy. I was interviewed by a Higher Officer who then turned out to be my manager along with an independent of lower grade. The experience was positive, I felt it was fair and competitive, as I felt listened to and my answers as long as in line competency framework were credited.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic competency based interview, no specific questions just asked to give examples of CS competencies   1 Answer

Tax Advisor Interview

Interview

Was quite straight forward, was asked to provide examples of the competencies listed in the job description. My advice would be to look at the job description on the gov.uk website and prepare examples of each competency listed.

Tax Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Online Assessments split into Numerical, Logical Reasoning and Situational. Failed at situational on the same tests I have passed at other companies, tests are very role specific. Online test levels are fairly easy for the opening salary they offer.

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Online tests, online interview (set questions), assessment centre. I made it to the online interview but was not invited to the assessment centre. I was given a number of weeks to complete the interview online (in one sitting). There was also a document sent to prepare for the interview which provided some tips.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

the video interview was very relaxed, 10 questions, prep time given before every question. none of the questions felt like they were there to trip you up. it is then sent to each of the schemes that you have applied for and then from there they will accept or reject, this does mean that feedback from this was a long time coming

Interview Questions

• something about working with people from different backgrounds and how you could go about it   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Quite straight forward, given lots of information prior to the interview such as the types of questions that may be asked and what they want to hear from you.

Interview process was simple, however, since passing the interview I have been placed on a reserve list which I have been on for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you have had to hit a tight deadline and didn't think that you would achieve it? How did you deal with this? (roughly)   1 Answer

Tax Policy Professional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was held at 100 Parliament Street and it was a very positive experience. The interview lasted around 30-40 mins and it was heavily competency based. Just make sure you know the competencies of the job description inside out (use the Civil Service Competency Framework). Make sure you have solid evidence/examples of each competency of the job. The (2) interviewees were very friendly and took a relaxed approach to the interview so the environment wasn't stressful at all and made you feel comfortable. I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Competency Based - Tell us a time when you did this and that etc.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later to inform me that I was shortlisted for interview. And that I should confirm if I am able to make the date and time proposed. Interview was conducted in a relaxed setting, with a lot of competency based questions around CI/CD tooling. Still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been refused a merge request? if yes what were the steps you took to rectify the situation.   Answer Question