Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

it was much like the standard fastream interview process. i would look up information on that for more details. for the telephone interview, they are just trying to help you. so don''t be concerned if they interupt and ask for a more specific answer. if you can give it to them, you'll actually do really well.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

it was done by telephone. what types of machinery is used. what programs were used. what kind of tools needed to get the job done. wonderful attitude to have. time worked there the proper attire.

Tax Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Online Assessments split into Numerical, Logical Reasoning and Situational. Failed at situational on the same tests I have passed at other companies, tests are very role specific. Online test levels are fairly easy for the opening salary they offer.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

the video interview was very relaxed, 10 questions, prep time given before every question. none of the questions felt like they were there to trip you up. it is then sent to each of the schemes that you have applied for and then from there they will accept or reject, this does mean that feedback from this was a long time coming

Interview Questions

• something about working with people from different backgrounds and how you could go about it   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

Quite straight forward, given lots of information prior to the interview such as the types of questions that may be asked and what they want to hear from you.

Interview process was simple, however, since passing the interview I have been placed on a reserve list which I have been on for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you have had to hit a tight deadline and didn't think that you would achieve it? How did you deal with this? (roughly)   1 Answer

Tax Policy Professional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was held at 100 Parliament Street and it was a very positive experience. The interview lasted around 30-40 mins and it was heavily competency based. Just make sure you know the competencies of the job description inside out (use the Civil Service Competency Framework). Make sure you have solid evidence/examples of each competency of the job. The (2) interviewees were very friendly and took a relaxed approach to the interview so the environment wasn't stressful at all and made you feel comfortable. I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Competency Based - Tell us a time when you did this and that etc.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later to inform me that I was shortlisted for interview. And that I should confirm if I am able to make the date and time proposed. Interview was conducted in a relaxed setting, with a lot of competency based questions around CI/CD tooling. Still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been refused a merge request? if yes what were the steps you took to rectify the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Nottingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of completing online application followed by two on line tests reasoning and maths. Attended a competency based interview on the 21st of June 2017 with two interviewers who were friendly and approachable. I was allowed to refer to any notes I had as a prompt rather than reading them, I had these with me. The application process is long I applied beginning of May I won't find out until early July. And if I get the job won't start until September.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to refer to the policies and procedure and how and what decision did you have to make?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to meet a really tight deadline, what did you do to make sure you met this.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Interview

10 minute document check before a panel interview conducted by one member of staff with another making notes. One motivational question (tell us about yourself) before a range of STAR interview questions, in-keeping with what prior documentation told candidates to prepare for. Questions addressed competencies I'd been told HMRC would be looking for, given the role, and in total the interview was complete in under 30 minutes.

Genuinely lovely staff, from security to general admin. Put me at ease (insofar as I could be) and gave me the opportunity to express my experiences and talents rather than putting me under the microscope.

*** Yet to receive offer, review to be amended ***

Interview Questions

• You're conducting one task when you're told to address another - what would you do?   1 Answer

Higher Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Croydon, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Really relaxed interview, was like an informal chat and the panel were really lovely and made me relaxed instantly.
    I was given a provisional offer after my interview in May - and completed pre employment checks etc in June.. it is now October and i am still waiting for a start date!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you made effective decisions, how have you managed a quality service, etc   Answer Question