Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 135 of over 135 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Interview

Online interview with Skype for Business. Interviewers explained all the methodology before asking any question. At the end of the interview I had time to ask any questions I had and interviewers answered with as much detail they could. Received feedback with email after a few days.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

A lengthy, bespoke, CV and Personal Statement to fill in, followed by 1 hour MS Teams Interview. The questions are set scripts and the topics are clearly marked in the job description. This is not an interview in which you can dazzle with brilliance, just answer the ** question.

Interview Questions
  • The questions are essentially all flagged up front in the Civil Service framework, if the job description says you need "Working Together" look up the Civil Service definition of "Working Together" and rehearse a very specific example of you showing those skills.
    1 Answer
  • Tell me a instance in which you demonstrated Working Together

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Manchester, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Asked to record a video by answering 3 questions. We get an idea about the qn on the candidate pack. So straight forward questions were asked. Max 3 mins to answer one question

Interview Questions
  • Behavioural questions were asked which were mentioned in Civil service code
3 people found this interview helpful

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs in Mar 2021

Interview

I sent a CV and Covering Letter. Waited for about 3 months and did an online interview. The questions were pre-recored and there were about 9 questions. Very few technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Sifting experience straight forward, however, during the interview the guy who was apparently a neutral member of panel asked me experience question and expected a response as a competency based response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I applied online after finding the job application on Gov website. I then got invited to complete tests. After completing tests & scoring highly enough I was invited to an interview online.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Application

I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Interview

Generally positive with a tendency to ask strengths based interview questions. Friendly interviewers for the most part. Highlights were a short Maths test at the start of the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs in Feb 2021

Interview

Application Applied online via the civil service website. Had to submit and 500 word personal statement and do 2 tests. Around 2 weeks later got an email to say I had been successful and was invited to a live interview. There were 2 people on the interview who were both nice. My behaviour was “Working Together”. I was only asked 4 questions in total. 1 ice-breaker question, 2 behaviour questions and 1 strength based question. For the behaviour questions they stated that I had 6-8 minutes to reply in. Which I thought was far too long, and actually only managed to speak for around 2:30 minutes each, which I thought was standard time for a STAR formatted question. I had 2 minutes to answer the strength based question. Overall I would say the interview was too short, I feel it would of been better to ask a few more questions, with less time to respond in, rather than just 3 marked questions with a lot of time, as I think a lot of people will end up just rambling. Got placed on the reserve list until 2022 so don’t think anything will come of it but fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
  • Questions I got asked (not word for word but as far as I remember) Icebreaker: Name something you have done in lockdown, whether personal or professionally, that you have done that you enjoyed or are proud of. Behaviour Question: Tell us about the skills and experience you have and why you want the job? Behaviour Question: Tell us about a time you successfully worked in a team? Strength Question: Teamwork is important within an organisation. Do you agree?
1 person found this interview helpful

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Washington, North East England, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Cv Online tests. Submit competency. Video interview with three competency based questions, three minutes for each situation. During video interview there is no one at the other end to prompt or encourage.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you’ve influenced someone’s decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feltham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (Feltham, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied online via a job board. Recieved an email. Had to download an app with various modules and games that will determined my personality. Recieved yet another email stating that my personality and choices fit the criteria. Then had to join a zoom call which required to go complete many assessments, maths English, roleplays and fitness.

Interview Questions
  • What qualities do you have that will make you a good prison officer
Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Interviews