Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scala Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter they sent out a worksheet with a shopping cart problem on it that they wanted solved.I hacked up a solution and sent them my github link to the solution. A day latter I had a 2 hour long interview with one of the tech leads..I had the job offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• What is a monad and how would I use one   1 Answer

Senior Policy Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Westminster, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (City of Westminster, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Competency based - the Competency Framework that they provide is how they assess your ability, follow that and you'll succeed. You initially have to write examples for each competency with a word limit of 250 and if successful you'll be interviewed on the same competencies.

Interview Questions

• Competency related - "Tell us of a time you delivered at pace?"   1 Answer

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Long, deep and interesting. They gave me a complex task and limited time. I enjoyed the challenge and did well, and they talked through the operational analysis work opportunities.
    Unfortunately, even though I joined as a senior OR analyst, I was placed into a really dull post where my managers didn't even know what OR was. Absolute fiasco.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of competences, and the task. I have been asked not to discuss the task.   1 Answer

Tax Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview by senior managers after letter application in response to advert in the press. Questions mainly technical. Presentation required. Competing against existing staff but the fact I was external candidate not an issue and in fact seemed to be an advantage

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

This is the first part of the process after the getting past the application and online tests.

You normally will go to a test centre and re-do the numerical and verbal tests. But also added to this is a e-tray exam, which can be very difficult if you do not plan your time very well.

Compliance Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

online test that was fairly easy had to be conducted. if successful, the interview is based on competencies. I had three. making effective decisions, collaborating and partnering and chaining and improving. Use the Star process.

Interview Questions

• give me a time you have made an effective descision?   1 Answer

Tax Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

As standard - online form with question, followed by several online tests and then the interviews.

HEO Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

planning, perception of Revenue, office culture and people. A good working demour and show the ability to commuinucate and delegate when neccessary

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the Royal Family been giving Revenues money fair or unfair   2 Answers

Negotiation

consider pay, leave and sick leave regulations