Herb Chambers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Herb Chambers

1.9

Auto Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Auburn, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Looked at application and saw you had some kind of experience. Asked a few questions Luke do you have a problem works Saturday's or more than 55 hours a week

Interview Questions

• When can you start? Do you have an issue with a drug test? Do you need to study for it?   1 Answer

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Somerville, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process seemed like it was in shambles. It would take weeks in between each step, which there was a total of 4. They didn't make you feel undesired, but they weren't in a rush either. Knowing I lived out of the area, they were somewhat flexible to fitting interviews around my schedule. I was able to complete two in person interviews before being offered a job on the phone. They initally lowballed me before coming to a close to industry average wage. The interviewing process wasn't difficult but it certainly took a while.

Finance & Insurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

There wasn't much of a process and the interview was pretty scattered which should have been a red flag to begin with. My first interview was with the director and he told me I had the job and not to interview anywhere else. He asked me basic questions about my numbers and previous work history, nothing too hard. However, upon turning down my other offers he contacts me and tells e I have to interview with several more people.
    Melissa was fantastic- just be sure to remain energetic and enthusiastic at all times.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself?
      What do you know about the company?
      Why do you want this job?
      What are your greatest professional strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Danvers, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process contains two one on one interviews. Managers were very firm and polite. I was provided with a lot of details of the company and how the job works. There is paid training, it is base + commission pay as any sales position.

Interview Questions

• There were nothing difficult or unexpected questions that were asked in the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Lynnfield, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked for license and drug test, they needed to fill role quickly. She told me she'd move me up to sales after a few months because I have a great retail sales back round

Interview Questions

• Not many, nothing that made the interview process easy or hard. She just needed to fill position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Lynnfield, MA).

Interview

Applied online same day and received a call same day to schedule an interview at Mercedes-Benz.

It was a complete waste of time. This position is an entry role, very entry level like no experience needed - great for someone who just graduated high school.

Definitely not a position for someone who has a degree, 10+ years similar experience (different industry), and sales management experience.

They don’t hire you as a Sales Consultant.

They make you work through positions that are lower before your a sales consultant; ex.: concierge & internet chat rep.

Was told if your patient then you would be able to be a sales consultant and make the $$$ your looking for. Basically, live in poverty for a year and then hopefully you’ll make lots of commission.

The pay is terrible for those lower positions and they don’t commensurate with experience. (my opinion)

I told the person I interviewed with I didn’t want to waste his time or my time. This was such a waste of time it’s funny.

As soon as you are told it’s mandatory to fill out a paper application when you have a professional resume package you know what to expect....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Auburn, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume online on a Tuesday, was called the following Saturday for an interview Monday morning. The interview was mostly chatting, it was as if they had already decided to hire me before I walked in the door. The sales manager that interviewed me hadn't looked at my resume at all, and was unable to answer simple questions about what the company offered for benefits, or even how "ups" and leads were divided among employees. I was told "yeah they have the best health insurance and whatnot and if you need time off you just ask for it." Overall it seemed relatively unprofessional, and the interviewer seemed most interested in telling me how much money I was going to make (which, when I did the math of what he told me, it didn't seem like any more money than I am making at my current retail job). Also, when asked about how the pay works, the gentleman was very vague, and just fell back on "every week you'll make bunches of money in commission, so it's not a big deal."

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject in school?
      Do you have reliable transportation, and is your driving record good?
      Do you have any problems working any hours that we need?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Warwick, RI) in March 2011.

Interview

Walk in say I want to sell cars, walk out with a name tag and a 55+ hour a week job

Interview Questions

• What's your name?   1 Answer
    • How many hours are you looking to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

sell and you get paid, after we take out all the fees and money you owe us for working on our premisses

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herb Chambers (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was smooth! Sales manager was polite. Filled out application on site, sat for about 110 questions on line most which are character revealing rather experience. Then, the sales assistant manager asked me questions if i ever done such job. Regardless informed me that there was on site training for new hires.

Interview Questions

Another offer came earlier before i received Herbs'

Sales Interview

Interview

It was a quick interview with a Manager asking about past experiences and current qualifications to do intended position I was applying for. Quick 10 minutes of general questions.