Heritage College & Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Little Rock, AR) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, in person with direct supervisor, then another in person interview with school director, last interview was with national admissions director. It was very intensive and intimidating. They definitely want to make sure they get the right person for the job. The job isn't for everyone and they don't want to put the wrong person in the job.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Little Rock, AR) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a phone screening first. Then an in person interview one on one. Then an interview with the school director. We then took a tour of the school, after that I received a phone offer and then we chose a date when I would start work.

Interview Questions

• If a single mother told you she couldn't go to school because she had children to take care of and her husband didn't want to watch the kids, what would you say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Wichita, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied in January, got an email in February - I responded but never heard a reply until a phone call from the same person in July asking if I was interested. I got another call in August with a voicemail asking if I was interested in the position - it was clear to me that she didn't realize I was the same person she's called three times already. I called and left a voicemail again and no response so I called again later in the day and was able to get a hold of her to set up the interview. An hour later she called me back and asked if I was still interested in the position she had just gotten my voicemail?!?!

Interview Questions

• I showed up to the interview with my resume as requested and the front desk rep took our resumes back to our interviewee. It ended up being a group interview which wasn't mentioned) and the manager explained the position to us. She then asked us to explain our previous experience (wasn't that what the resume was for) and then said she would be in contact with us. Didn't ask us anything else. I have called and sent e-mails and still haven't heard whether the position is still open. Today I go online and the position is posted YET again.   Answer Question
    • Then i got ANOTHER PHONE CALL asking if I was interested in the front desk position. I said I interviewed yesterday for the admissions coordinator position. She said she didn't know that and would call me back. Still no response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Did 1on 1 interview then had phone interview with home office.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The Admissions Department is looking for anyone with a background in sales (some exceptions) and individuals who like sticking to scripts and not being creative.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a student who enrolled in classes but then was afraid to begin because they didn't want to take out student loans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for 40k, they offered me 38k and told me I was up for a raise after 3 months. I ended up not getting a raise for almost a year because raises depend on how many students you can enroll into their classes. It's essentially a sales job. My first raise was approx. 2.5k.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a long process. I Had to interview with Campus Director, regional, and national director. It seemed to be a panel decision on hiring and interviewing with 3 different people, 2 of which I only interviewed with over the telephone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute in June 2016.

Interview

It took multiple interviews for the offer. But it was smooth. People were nice, atmosphere was nice too. Need to dress in slacks and nice shirts. Khakis not appropriate. Interview went by fairly quick and painless.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute.

Interview

I had two interviews. Both were very simple. I don't think there were any other candidates. I was hired on the spot and I DID NOT undergo a background or drug test which is weird since I was going to be around social security numbers all day. No negotiating for pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Heritage College & Institute (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by the campus director of education and then called again to interview with leader of Academics for Heritage College. The process took longer than usual because of vacation time that the campus president was on. Once everyone was available to meet, the process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify at risk students and coach them to succeed?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Interview

Very professional process. First you meet with the person who will be your direct supervisor. Pending what position you are trying to get, your next and last interview is with the manager and director.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can remember. All questions were typical.   Answer Question