Heritage Foundation Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heritage Foundation Intern Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted about an interview about 6 weeks later. This period of time made me nervous, however, the interview was over an hour along and I received an offer via email immediately after hanging up the phone. I don't think an hour long interview is normal, but my interviewer and I just had a lot in common so the conversation was easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked what pieces of conservative policy I cared about the most and why   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Heritage Foundation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation.

Interview

The interview process is thorough. They questioned me on all of my resume pieces and were eager to hear about my experiences. Additionally, they will pick at your application responses to their questions, so it is important to keep a record of them. Furthermore, they like to throw throw a couple curveball questions. After two interviews, one with a department member and then a department head, you are in.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submit an application online (resume, 2 letters of recommendations and short responses). I was contacted for a phone interview which took under 30 minutes. There was a quick turn-around within a few days and had to accept the offer within a few days.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in October 2014.

Interview

Application was rigorous through the university as it required letters of recommendation, a lengthy application process, coupled with an interview in front of a board. Had an advantage as a second time applicant and recent graduate. This was followed by a written application via the Heritage Foundation's website and a phone interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• The department I entered at the Heritage Foundation was with Marketing Technology. Generally most of the questions centered around computer proficiency and career goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called and offered the position after applying through the online application. The application is very extensive but I was glad the interview wasn't that big of a deal.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

Basically my interviewer wanted to know that I was a supporter of the conservative movement. Once I was able to regurgitate a few quotes and examples from history I was more or less "in". If you are qualified they will take you. Very strong internship program!

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on helping the conservative movement?   Answer Question
    • Who, in your mind, personifies the conservative movement and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I don't think I have ever had a worse or more insulting interview process. I was contacted by the Heritage Foundation about interviewing for an internship position while I was out of the country. I explained that I was not in America at the moment, but would be very happy to either do the interview when I returned in a few days or to do a Skype or FaceTime interview. The interviewer asked if I would be available to skype the next day, and I said I was. I asked if 10 am would work, and after receiving no response, assumed that their silence was agreement to the interview time. I logged into Skype the next day 5 minutes before the time, and emailed that I was ready to begin whenever was most convenient. After waiting for 20 minutes, I received an email stating that they would have to postpone the interview. I responded telling them that it was no problem, and asked when would work better for them. My next contact with them was receiving an email thanking them for my application, but informing me that they had just filled the position that morning. I was very taken aback, as I felt they at least owed me the decency to interview with them, after leaving me waiting for 20 minutes and then being the ones to cancel/postpone the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in March 2010.

Interview

Standard interview over the phone.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Received phone call for interview. Accepted after 15 min phone interview

Interview Questions

• What is your previos experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate as an intern