Hershey Medical Center Interview Questions in Harrisburg, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.0

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on three different units. First was an hour and 10 minutes long, second and third were a half hour or less. Interviewed with the nurse manager of the floor, had the opportunity to tour the unit and shadow an RN for a little bit. They all asked basic questions- name your strengths and weaknesses, name a time you had a misunderstanding with a coworker or patient and how you resolved, name a time you made a mistake and corrected it, name some things you need to work on as a new grad nurse, why you want to work at hershey, why you want to be a nurse, etc. Pretty laid back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a misunderstanding with a patient or a coworker   Answer Question

Departmental Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Each department has individual testing and interview processes. Each Department will have a range from written tests to hands on testing to show developmental skills. Also will encourage phone interview due to out of state candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why would should we hire you?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Took 2 months to get an interview then several weeks before I received a call for a face-to-face. Offer came about 2 weeks after face-to-face. I took the job offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

disorganized. after joining the organization I recognized that I did not interview with important and relevant stakeholders to my position. This made it difficult to be effective initially as it was even more challenging to connect with the proper employees. It also created confusion as to who is responsible for what.

The interview process itself was easy. I was brought in for a series of interviews, a mixture of 1:1 and group sessions. There were no hardball questions - focus was on past experience and education, as well as any concerns/issues with shared background. No case-style questions or presentations required.

There was one group session that last approximately 1 hours - in a group of 6 interviewers, I spoke for only 5 minutes out the entire meeting, as interviewers lost focus and chatted amongst themselves. I had to force myself into the conversations so as to not be lost in the disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Why an academic medical center?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I submitted my on-line application. Then a 1:1 interview. Then background check and review of references

Interview Questions

• What makes a good working environment   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate the salary, but was able to negotiate work schedule