Hershey Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hershey Medical Center

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in September 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional interview process -- very obviously placed low priority and emphasis on the internship scheme. Asked vague questions and didn't provide concrete details about the expectations of the job. Too broad.

Interview Questions

• Reason for pursuing an internship at Hershey vs. other organizations/other professional roles.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center in February 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 with the manager and 1 with the rest of the team members, very long and so much details required, compared to the actual job you will be doing

Interview Questions

• all behavioral questionnaires, details past experiences   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

Initial communication via online application; asked to submit behavior assessment survey; Drug testing; 4-5 references were sent link to submit their opinion by deadlines(1 month); Review of references; got a phone call about offer; sent by email first

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your experienced coworkers not helping   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

First contact was an email from the manager. I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The questions were straightforward with a test on MRI physics. The HR part involves fingerprinting and a physical that involves more lifting than any other job I have applied. I had to interview with 3 different managers. There were no physicians involved. In my other job interviews there were physicians involved.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest and weakest suits in relation to the job?
      Do you mind working overtime?
      Do you have problems working in a situation of being behind schedule?   Answer Question

Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked about experiences, as well as how you would better the call center. Looked for areas of opportunity to better the call board. I'd been in an interim role before moving into the position so I already knew the work and processes they were looking for. Showed examples of how I helped better the call center

Interview Questions

• Where is an area of weakness in the call center and what could you do to improve this?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center in November 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was by phone to set up an interview date and time. Met with department manager for a 30 minute interview and then met with 4 other managers in the department for about another 30 minutes. The group went around the table asking questions about experience and technical ability.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was what I dislike about my current employer and why I want to leave.   1 Answer

Environmental Health and Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I was invited to a group session to learn about position, qualifications, etc. And then had an interview afterwards. I later recieved emails to complete a "checkster" background check where you needed 4 business references to complete a questionnaire. Kind of asking alot of ppl to do this. After completed I waited and a few days later I recieved a voicemail from HR wanting to update me. I have a bad feeling about it. Called back and no answer. So just waiting now.

Interview Questions

• I provided the interviewing team with my resume, which I was the only candidate that did this. Was asked if I have my diploma, which I responded that yes I do. Asked me if I have transportation, etc.   1 Answer

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Submitted online application, within 1 week heard back for telephone interview. After telephone interview, which was generic personality questions, it took about 2 weeks to hear back for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was conducted by 6 employees of the respiratory management team. They asked more job related and patient scenario questions. Two weeks after the in-person interview I was called and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Penn State Hershey Medical Center.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you had to work as a member of a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the proudest moment of your career thus far.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter scheduled and conducted phone interview. Then panel interview which consisted of personality type questions, then knowledge based questions, then finally a tour of the unit you may be hired for. Be prepared for a written "test" before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you made a mistake. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

disorganized. after joining the organization I recognized that I did not interview with important and relevant stakeholders to my position. This made it difficult to be effective initially as it was even more challenging to connect with the proper employees. It also created confusion as to who is responsible for what.

The interview process itself was easy. I was brought in for a series of interviews, a mixture of 1:1 and group sessions. There were no hardball questions - focus was on past experience and education, as well as any concerns/issues with shared background. No case-style questions or presentations required.

There was one group session that last approximately 1 hours - in a group of 6 interviewers, I spoke for only 5 minutes out the entire meeting, as interviewers lost focus and chatted amongst themselves. I had to force myself into the conversations so as to not be lost in the disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Why an academic medical center?   1 Answer