Hershey Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.6

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on three different units. First was an hour and 10 minutes long, second and third were a half hour or less. Interviewed with the nurse manager of the floor, had the opportunity to tour the unit and shadow an RN for a little bit. They all asked basic questions- name your strengths and weaknesses, name a time you had a misunderstanding with a coworker or patient and how you resolved, name a time you made a mistake and corrected it, name some things you need to work on as a new grad nurse, why you want to work at hershey, why you want to be a nurse, etc. Pretty laid back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a misunderstanding with a patient or a coworker   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter scheduled and conducted phone interview. Then panel interview which consisted of personality type questions, then knowledge based questions, then finally a tour of the unit you may be hired for. Be prepared for a written "test" before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you made a mistake. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center in February 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 with the manager and 1 with the rest of the team members, very long and so much details required, compared to the actual job you will be doing

Interview Questions

• all behavioral questionnaires, details past experiences   Answer Question

Audiology Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews: one on the phone and one in person. Phone interview was pretty informal, with generic questions. The in person interview mainly consisted of talking what you are comfortable with and what you have experience with.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with (insert test here)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could not negotiate salary. HR was pretty immobile about that.

Departmental Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Each department has individual testing and interview processes. Each Department will have a range from written tests to hands on testing to show developmental skills. Also will encourage phone interview due to out of state candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why would should we hire you?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Took 2 months to get an interview then several weeks before I received a call for a face-to-face. Offer came about 2 weeks after face-to-face. I took the job offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

disorganized. after joining the organization I recognized that I did not interview with important and relevant stakeholders to my position. This made it difficult to be effective initially as it was even more challenging to connect with the proper employees. It also created confusion as to who is responsible for what.

The interview process itself was easy. I was brought in for a series of interviews, a mixture of 1:1 and group sessions. There were no hardball questions - focus was on past experience and education, as well as any concerns/issues with shared background. No case-style questions or presentations required.

There was one group session that last approximately 1 hours - in a group of 6 interviewers, I spoke for only 5 minutes out the entire meeting, as interviewers lost focus and chatted amongst themselves. I had to force myself into the conversations so as to not be lost in the disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Why an academic medical center?   1 Answer

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

First contact was an email from the manager. I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The questions were straightforward with a test on MRI physics. The HR part involves fingerprinting and a physical that involves more lifting than any other job I have applied. I had to interview with 3 different managers. There were no physicians involved. In my other job interviews there were physicians involved.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest and weakest suits in relation to the job?
      Do you mind working overtime?
      Do you have problems working in a situation of being behind schedule?
      Answer Question

Medical Office Associate Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted to come for a meet and greet where they explained about the opportunity. Then had a typing test which wasn't explained about before completing. After the meet and greet session, then had a "rapid" interview. Was contacted for a second interview with a panel. Overall the interviews were not very personal and it seemed like they really didn't care about your schooling, precious work experiences, or background in the field. They didn't really care about getting to know how qualified an individual was, they were just interested in looking for a pretty face. Also, reference checks were not personal. They were completed by email which was a pain due to references not having access to computers in the time frame available. (48 hours)

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

Written exam similar to CPhT exam. Maybe two rounds of interview. One from the Pharmacy manager, and second with Operation Manager and small group. Very easy process.