Hertz Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.0

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple personality test, really. Nothing really too hard. It's a standard interview across the company, it looks like. Words words words words. Words words words words. Words words words words

Location Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Started by submitting my application on line. Almost 3 weeks later I received a phone call form a Regional Recruiter who explained the basic job description and benefits package. She asked if I was still interested and I agreed. After passing a driver's license record check I was contacted to do a 1:1 interview with the Area Manager. This all took place over the course of 3 consecutive days. Recruiter was very open and willing to answer any questions before and after the interview. They have more candidates to interview so no offer has been made yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you heard about and why you want to work for Hertz   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a person you worked with and how you resolved it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision or took initiative on a project and it was rejected. What did you do/ how did you react?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something you acomplished/ achieved that you are proud of.   1 Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and received a phone screen call a week later. It was a short interview over the phone to see if you're interested and if you're a suitable to move onto the first one on one interview. 1st round of interview with branch manager then area manager then HR called to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

I applied and interviewed for the Assistand Branch Manager position. They extended the job offer to me then called back to offer me a different position (lower) after I had already accepted their offer! Area Manager was very shady...

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Austin, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the area managers. The interviewer described the position and duties required of me. Ask me why I wanted to work with the company. Asked me one or two behavioral questions. Like tell me about a time when… Said that he would contact me within five days or so if I was offered the position. Never called me. I called him and he acted like I was wrong in doing so and that he gave his manager what he thought and that it was now out of his hands.