Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews, mainly personality and situational questions. They want to make sure you fit into the manager's expectation of what an employee should be. While it was explained that this was a sales position, it wasn't explained that the sales quotas would change often.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was posted on one of the job sites and a recruited contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with one of the regional managers and although it was an interview it was more informal. It was more of me asking what questions did I have anout the company and what allows a person to move up fast at Hertz. After talking to him I was told i could go and talk to the branch manager for that location and we discussed operations and sales for a few minutes before i left. Later that day i received an email and call telling me i needed to complete the application before a job offer could be extended. Because of the benefits, i love to travel, i accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me about Hertz   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairless Hills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Fairless Hills, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR within 48 hours of applying, scheduled an interview with the Area Manger a few days later and was hired for the position the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous experience relate to the requirements of a Branch Manager Trainee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The Hiring process went pretty smooth. I received a call from the recruiter and then scheduled an interview with the local manager. The Interview process was very simple and easy and within 48 hours I received a call saying that I had received the job. It took about two weeks for me to get started!

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was one reason why I should not be offered the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Hopkins, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very easy. Only took a couple of days to get a call for interview with branch manager. Probably took about 15-20 minutes. He asked the basic questions. Got an offer within minutes of Interview. (I haven't left the parking lot. I haven't accepted it yet since I have other interviews to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?(work experience)
      Tell me a time when....
      Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview process consisted of detailed questions based on customer service. Interviewer asked about 10 different questions about work experience, background and scenarios. Dress professional and maintain a professional demeanor during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to assist an irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with Chris Williams. He was very pleasant. I was able to answer all the questions he asked, as well offer some highlights about myself. Because I already had experience in this filed, it was second nature for me. He was not intimidating at all. He was very calm, polite, and informative.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in sales? How efficient are you in selling additional products to customers and accepting rejection.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

On my second interview, I got interviewed by a wrong person (for 45 mins). When finally I got to meet the manager I was suppose to meet took only 5 mins interview. The questions I was asked had nothing todo with the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• If money was not an issue what kind of car would you buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 2 days. Interviewed with the area manager then a branch manager. Got the job after the 2nd interview. Hertz makes there decision quick. Took about a week for me to officially start.

Interview Questions

• What in your past jobs makes you a qualified candidate for hertz?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Venice, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the area manager and the branch manager. They were not prepared for the interview and the process was not what I would call a professional interview at all. They had trouble answering my questions about the advancement pace, pay structures and product upsells. The people where very nice and personable to talk to however. I understand this was supposed to be a behavioral interview and the one I undertook was.

Interview Questions

• Would you take this job if I offered you it right now on straight commission?   1 Answer