Hertz Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.3

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview went fine. Hiring Manager was very nice, but was not told this would be an all sales job. I probably wouldn't have taken the job if I knew I would get written up for not making sales goals that were not easy to get in a certain demographic where I was getting job.

Interview Questions

• What was a major flaw of mine   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with Chris Williams. He was very pleasant. I was able to answer all the questions he asked, as well offer some highlights about myself. Because I already had experience in this filed, it was second nature for me. He was not intimidating at all. He was very calm, polite, and informative.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in sales? How efficient are you in selling additional products to customers and accepting rejection.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a email from the recruiter, phone interview, interview with area manager, then hired. Interview is pretty easy, they want to know that you will be able to sell, they don't look for too much management experience.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial contact from recruiter to further gauge interest and see if I still wanted to interview. Agreed to take a call for a phone interview from the recruiter the next day. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to gauge knowledge and experience. After phone interview, I was invited to interview with local HR peers. Interviewed with two HR people at the same time, standard battery of experience questions with some behavioral interview questions. Maybe 45 minutes with the two of them. They laid out a realistic job preview detailing the downsides of the job including frustrations with quarterly hiring freezes and a messed up accounting system that hasn't paid proper sales bonuses to the CSR team in two years. Sounds like a frustrating organization to work for. The people I interviewed with were nice enough, but even they didn't know what the next steps in the interview process would be and what the timeline would be like. From my continued job search, it looks like they've since downgraded the position to an Associate HR Business Partner instead of regular HR Business Partner, but no follow-up from corporate to let me know what was going on with my application at all.

Interview Questions

• Really basic behavioral questions. Look up sample behavioral interview questions online and practice answering several before an interview. You should be OK.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick, only asked if I had sales experience and if I was ok working with the public. I was called back and hired within the week. All my background information came back quickly and I was set up for training and on the road to being a Hertz employee quickly. They welcome you in as if you are becoming part of family. One of the easiest hiring processes I have been through in my entire work career.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?
      What do you suggest to do in stressful situations with customers?
      Answer Question

Sales and Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Naperville, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied for this position with HERC and received a call back 1 week later from corporate recruiter from their east coast HQ. Accepted an opportunity to interview with local branch manager with much enthusiasm. Interview went well and I was granted a second with a regional operations manager.
    Despite my excitement for this job and extensive preparation; I'd been informed that another candidate with "a little more experience" was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had been caught off guard and what you did to prioritize in order to keep things running smoothly and what the results of your actions were.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Bolingbrook, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process is just like everything else about this company, deceitful, deceptive and shady.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't have a car for a customer's reservation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable for entry level position

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Met the very young manager of an off-airport branch and went for coffee as the tiny shack of a location wouldn't work for a job interview. The whole thing seemed like like a formality in that I am sure anyone who seemed remotely willing to be polite and do what they were told while making a reasonable effort would get the job. Je posed a few softball questions that seemed entirely meant to gauge sanity and willingness to perform the simple job duties and stay with company for a while. He also sold the job as an opportunity for advancement and tried to figure out my ambition level, as that seems the way they keep people, by dangling the carrot that is managing your own tiny branch after six months to a year or so of cleaning out cars. I followed up with the regional manager. That interview was equally softball and seemed to be about covering the law. I got an offer a little while the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and within one day I received a call for an interview request. The online application included an aptitude test that did not seem that difficult. The hiring manager was nice but did not seem to know which location the position was for. The staff was kind when I walked in the door.

Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

There was two different interviews before getting the job. You have to take a drug test as well. Had to wait a long time for the managers to come and interview us, there was about 5 other people, and all of us got hired.