Hertz Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Initial interview was over phone. Then came into main building to do interview. They asked basic interview questions anyone with experience should be able to answer. Did an interview over the phone persuading interviewer to buy an object. They want people who have a outgoing personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hertz (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Ask a lot of questions about customer service and your selling skills. Sell yourself because that's what's the position is about selling things. So be outgoing, smile and always make eye contact. Relax make the interview like you already know the person. So welcome the interview your positive vibes.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Brief phone interview. Then an, in office, one on one with regional/ area manager. I then sat with the manager of Dollar/ Thrifty (Hertz sister company) for an hour. Later sat with the sales manager of hertz for an hour. They take the time to decide where you will be best fit.

Interview Questions

• Alright, sell me this highlighter. I come and buy them every moth for my business, but you have a new, cheaper, equal quality product you want to introduce to me, your loyal, regular customer.
      - hands me highlighter- now go!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Jamaica, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied . About 1 week later i got a call for an interview. Interview was very layed back last about 15 mins. Still waiting on a call back !

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a few days to set-up an in-person interview. The interview was under an hour and a typical interview experience. There was a few minutes of role-play for the sales aspect of the job where I had to sell him keys. I received a job offer immediately after the interview and was training after a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation just advertised pay

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy process - group setting - 20 min interview - general questions: very open ended questions relax feel no pressure - give you a chance to really be yourself

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hertz (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

very fast I had a friend there so it was very easy to meet with the management team. I did need to meet with anyone else. I thought it was to good to be true and desired to not take the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

You do a very brief phone interview and then face to face interview. You want to talk about how much you love sales and you are in. They will ask you how well you did in sales on your last job. Did you find the customers difficult. Can you work all shifts. This will include working nights like over night shift but is only for like 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Franklin, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief yet through took about 15 minutes to complete spoke more about sales and numbers than anything. enjoyed the overall experience interviewer was very nice and straight forward and answered more questions that i had before i could ask them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hertz   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Well he told me the first interview would be short because it just to see if I can communicate well, if I showed up on time and if my appearance was professional. He said him or his recruiter will call if I get a call back. I don't think I did well because he told me how many candidates he has to interview.