Hertz Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hertz (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Ask a lot of questions about customer service and your selling skills. Sell yourself because that's what's the position is about selling things. So be outgoing, smile and always make eye contact. Relax make the interview like you already know the person. So welcome the interview your positive vibes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Brief phone interview. Then an, in office, one on one with regional/ area manager. I then sat with the manager of Dollar/ Thrifty (Hertz sister company) for an hour. Later sat with the sales manager of hertz for an hour. They take the time to decide where you will be best fit.

Interview Questions

• Alright, sell me this highlighter. I come and buy them every moth for my business, but you have a new, cheaper, equal quality product you want to introduce to me, your loyal, regular customer.
      - hands me highlighter- now go!
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Jamaica, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied . About 1 week later i got a call for an interview. Interview was very layed back last about 15 mins. Still waiting on a call back !

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a few days to set-up an in-person interview. The interview was under an hour and a typical interview experience. There was a few minutes of role-play for the sales aspect of the job where I had to sell him keys. I received a job offer immediately after the interview and was training after a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation just advertised pay

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy process - group setting - 20 min interview - general questions: very open ended questions relax feel no pressure - give you a chance to really be yourself

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hertz (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

very fast I had a friend there so it was very easy to meet with the management team. I did need to meet with anyone else. I thought it was to good to be true and desired to not take the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Franklin, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief yet through took about 15 minutes to complete spoke more about sales and numbers than anything. enjoyed the overall experience interviewer was very nice and straight forward and answered more questions that i had before i could ask them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hertz   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Well he told me the first interview would be short because it just to see if I can communicate well, if I showed up on time and if my appearance was professional. He said him or his recruiter will call if I get a call back. I don't think I did well because he told me how many candidates he has to interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied for the position in late July and receive a phone call for an 10min phone interview early August. The phone interview went pretty well as far as I was concerned. I was ask basic questions then at the end of the phone interview I was ask specifically what time would work best for me if I were to get an in person interview. I told the recruiter on the phone that I 10 o'clock AM the next week would work for me since I had no plans. Well whenever it was time for my interview that following week I arrived at the branch where the interview was suppose to take place at 10 o'clock AM and was told by one of the front desk customer service representatives that my my interview was actually schedule for 8 o'clock am which I knew was very inaccurate. So I was told to contact my phone recruiter and she then told me to stand by so she could make a phone call to the person who was scheduled to interview me in person for the actual interview. About 10mins later I was interviewed by the Branch manager instead of the General manager. Overall I think this was very unprofessional not to even be organized. I know this is a very good company to work for and I will not give up on them. It's been 3 weeks and I've still haven't heard anything, so I'm gonna keep my hopes up and wish that maybe some day before the holidays I'll receive a call back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was pretty typical, mostly asked about sales experience and mannerisms to ensure I could provide a great customer experience. Managers seemed great, seemed like a fairly good training program and willingness to teach. Working with tourists from all over the world can be daunting, but they've got some good tips and tricks. .