Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview process. In and out in 5 minutes. Was very comfortable environment. It was short due to the amount of people, just waiting to see if I get a call back for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Concord, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

scheduled for interview in concord, ca. received email from recruiter that the interviewer had to change my interview time. Sent email back to recruiter telling her that the new time was ok. Went to interview , interviewer was not aware. Gave him my resume to set up another time. They simply blew me off no communication back at all. Just a waste of my time and energy. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in April 2017.

Interview

$13 an hour for 6 months, then you get manager pay. All in all, seems like a good company, but the paid training is a joke. Good for someone who has time or funds to cover the first 6 months of the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I was very comfortable because he was very comfortable. We cracked jokes and he explained that he would pass my info along to the recruiter and the Area Manager for a second interview. I expected the process to take a day or two but it's 5 days in and I haven't heard from anyone. I'm still optimistic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel your past work experience qualifies you for this open position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews, mainly personality and situational questions. They want to make sure you fit into the manager's expectation of what an employee should be. While it was explained that this was a sales position, it wasn't explained that the sales quotas would change often.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was posted on one of the job sites and a recruited contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with one of the regional managers and although it was an interview it was more informal. It was more of me asking what questions did I have anout the company and what allows a person to move up fast at Hertz. After talking to him I was told i could go and talk to the branch manager for that location and we discussed operations and sales for a few minutes before i left. Later that day i received an email and call telling me i needed to complete the application before a job offer could be extended. Because of the benefits, i love to travel, i accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me about Hertz   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairless Hills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Fairless Hills, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR within 48 hours of applying, scheduled an interview with the Area Manger a few days later and was hired for the position the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous experience relate to the requirements of a Branch Manager Trainee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The Hiring process went pretty smooth. I received a call from the recruiter and then scheduled an interview with the local manager. The Interview process was very simple and easy and within 48 hours I received a call saying that I had received the job. It took about two weeks for me to get started!

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was one reason why I should not be offered the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Hopkins, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very easy. Only took a couple of days to get a call for interview with branch manager. Probably took about 15-20 minutes. He asked the basic questions. Got an offer within minutes of Interview. (I haven't left the parking lot. I haven't accepted it yet since I have other interviews to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?(work experience)
      Tell me a time when....
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview process consisted of detailed questions based on customer service. Interviewer asked about 10 different questions about work experience, background and scenarios. Dress professional and maintain a professional demeanor during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to assist an irate customer?   Answer Question