Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.4

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was actually pretty intense. I was asked about 9 questions that needed a detailed response. My loyalty was questioned because my resume had jobs that went 10 yrs back, however they did consider that and I was offered the postion 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle communications with your co-workers?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in September 2017.

Interview

Did initial phone interview and was extremely unimpressed with how unorganized the HR rep was. She didn’t know my name initially and didn’t know the position that she was suppose to be speaking about. She referenced multiple salaries and then came saying an extremely low number saying it was the max allowed. Declined offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Apex, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about a six on the scale to one to ten. Nothing that really jumped out at me. Base questions were base answers. Read the reviews, because they helped me along the way. I'm not going to drag them through the mud and talk bad about them. But I would say I know this job was not for me. I got lied to about the pay rate. I make more at my other job. They told me that I would be making $12 an hour, after about 18 months I be promoted. I was told that I was going to get a call back within 12-48 hours. The phone call never came, or an email. I just think it's better to follow up to why I did not get the job, along with notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to come and work for them?   Answer Question
    • Give me a past experience when you had to deal with a bad customer or employee?   Answer Question
    • What are some goals that you would have set for working here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online to this position and within a week I was scheduled an interview. The interviewer was really relaxed which made me more comfortable and offered me great feedback. Most questions were different scenarios and how I would approach the situation. I was also asked general questions about myself and my background.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation if your supervisor gave you an unrealistic deadline? How would you tell your team? How would you talk to your supervisor about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview process. In and out in 5 minutes. Was very comfortable environment. It was short due to the amount of people, just waiting to see if I get a call back for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Concord, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

scheduled for interview in concord, ca. received email from recruiter that the interviewer had to change my interview time. Sent email back to recruiter telling her that the new time was ok. Went to interview , interviewer was not aware. Gave him my resume to set up another time. They simply blew me off no communication back at all. Just a waste of my time and energy. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in April 2017.

Interview

$13 an hour for 6 months, then you get manager pay. All in all, seems like a good company, but the paid training is a joke. Good for someone who has time or funds to cover the first 6 months of the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I was very comfortable because he was very comfortable. We cracked jokes and he explained that he would pass my info along to the recruiter and the Area Manager for a second interview. I expected the process to take a day or two but it's 5 days in and I haven't heard from anyone. I'm still optimistic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel your past work experience qualifies you for this open position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews, mainly personality and situational questions. They want to make sure you fit into the manager's expectation of what an employee should be. While it was explained that this was a sales position, it wasn't explained that the sales quotas would change often.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was posted on one of the job sites and a recruited contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with one of the regional managers and although it was an interview it was more informal. It was more of me asking what questions did I have anout the company and what allows a person to move up fast at Hertz. After talking to him I was told i could go and talk to the branch manager for that location and we discussed operations and sales for a few minutes before i left. Later that day i received an email and call telling me i needed to complete the application before a job offer could be extended. Because of the benefits, i love to travel, i accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me about Hertz   1 Answer