Hertz Location Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.5

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a open interview with at least 50 people waiting for an interview. Some were prepared and some not so and showing up late. They had multiple people doing the interviews so it did not take very long for someone to call your name to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the union?   1 Answer

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz in July 2017.

Interview

Different. The young lady I met with smiled maybe once, and that seemed forced. She seemed to Hate her job, She gave off an uneasy energy. I felt like an inconvenience to her day. She went through the motions. I felt like I was pulling teeth just to get a response from her. I've never experienced such a let down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we scheduled an onsite interview. When I arrived the manager was 20 minutes late to the interview because he had been running around putting out multiple fires. The manager was very nice, friendly and easy to talk to. The interview process took about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview with regional manager and operations manager. It was raw and to the point. Good questions and feedback on my resume. The regional manager remained in contact with me throughout the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work hard?   1 Answer

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in January 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I applied via Indeed first. Then the regional recruiter called me to give me some more information regarding the job. And see if I was still interested. She then invited me to fill out their online application form and after that she called me to schedule an in person interview with the area manager. Two days after my in person interview, the recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview with their HR partner. The day after my phone interview. The called me with the offer. And initiated a background check. I do have a DUI from 11 years ago. So I don't know it that will be a problem or not. I haven't had a single drink since my DUI arrest. Other than the DUI in the past, my background check should be ok.

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied on line, had a phone interview and then had a one to one with the City Ops and then with the GM. Had to wait over 40 min on both occasions.

Location Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Windsor, CT).

Interview

The interview was a very basic overview of what you had done. It was much more focused on interpersonal, problem solving and being able to multi task. Hertz as an organization is defined by nimble management who's ability to delegate and shift internal human resources very quickly in order to accommodate a dynamic landscape. They are looking for high functioning resourceful operational managers who have a PM tendency's.

In addition you have to have the correct personality style--A "B" with layers of A mixed in. That is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Location Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Easy interview process. They need anyone with a pulse to fill positions so that's to be expected. Start with online application, get a call from a recruiter, meet with area manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard: Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself, what do you think a typical day looks like, describe leadership experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I first had a screen call with the recruiter in which she asked about my background etc. After that, I did 2 one-one interviews. The one-one interview was on site at the SD Hertz airport.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and received a response from a recruiter about accepting an interview. I accepted and then was directed to attend an open house. Wasn't too fond of that. Interview went well but was turned down due to lack of management experience on the books. However, I own a company of my own and have people who work with me and get paid by me. Guess it didn't count for much since I just started it, even though I've streamed an impressive amount of revenue in less than a year of it being founded. I know what it takes to manage a business. Especially one I've been around for the past couple of years. Oh yeah did I mention I currently work for this company.