Hertz Location Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Location Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.5

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in January 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I applied via Indeed first. Then the regional recruiter called me to give me some more information regarding the job. And see if I was still interested. She then invited me to fill out their online application form and after that she called me to schedule an in person interview with the area manager. Two days after my in person interview, the recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview with their HR partner. The day after my phone interview. The called me with the offer. And initiated a background check. I do have a DUI from 11 years ago. So I don't know it that will be a problem or not. I haven't had a single drink since my DUI arrest. Other than the DUI in the past, my background check should be ok.

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied on line, had a phone interview and then had a one to one with the City Ops and then with the GM. Had to wait over 40 min on both occasions.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Windsor, CT).

Interview

The interview was a very basic overview of what you had done. It was much more focused on interpersonal, problem solving and being able to multi task. Hertz as an organization is defined by nimble management who's ability to delegate and shift internal human resources very quickly in order to accommodate a dynamic landscape. They are looking for high functioning resourceful operational managers who have a PM tendency's.

In addition you have to have the correct personality style--A "B" with layers of A mixed in. That is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Easy interview process. They need anyone with a pulse to fill positions so that's to be expected. Start with online application, get a call from a recruiter, meet with area manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard: Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself, what do you think a typical day looks like, describe leadership experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I first had a screen call with the recruiter in which she asked about my background etc. After that, I did 2 one-one interviews. The one-one interview was on site at the SD Hertz airport.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and received a response from a recruiter about accepting an interview. I accepted and then was directed to attend an open house. Wasn't too fond of that. Interview went well but was turned down due to lack of management experience on the books. However, I own a company of my own and have people who work with me and get paid by me. Guess it didn't count for much since I just started it, even though I've streamed an impressive amount of revenue in less than a year of it being founded. I know what it takes to manage a business. Especially one I've been around for the past couple of years. Oh yeah did I mention I currently work for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Mobile, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online then a few days later I called directly to the recruiter to see if they had my resume. We had a short phone interview where she described the position and to make sure I was interested in this kind of position. The following week I had a 1:1 interview. Professional interview but relaxed. Everyone was seemed nice and would have been a great team to work with. Never heard back form Hertz.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a problem with customer service and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Location Manager SLC Airport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on Glassdoor, got a call for a screening interview the next day. Talked to the guy for 30 minutes, at the end he said he thought I would be a good fit and would set up an interview with the hiring manager for me; email and call me back. Waited a few days, then a week and figured in the end if they aren't even organized enough to call me back to set up an interview, I'm not going to waist my time on a joke of an organization.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Savannah, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The area manager asked job relevant questions based on my previous employment. He wanted to ensure I was prepared to take on a management role due to the high turnover in managers previously!

Location Manager I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email within a few days requesting a phone interview with HR. On the same call, I was asked if I would like to interview with the hiring managers. The HR Rep basically wants to know your availability and how open you are to working many varied shifts. If you are not flexible in your schedule, you will not get an invite to interview further.

Interview Questions

• Managers are expected to put in hours well above 40 and the location is open 24/7/365. How do you feel about working nights and weekends and up to 50-60 hours/week?   Answer Question