Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.3

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lou, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Lou, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a two interview process. The first interview they ask about your previous job experience and why you think you would be a good fit at their company. The second interview the discuss compensation.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

1. Apply online 2. Get a call from a recruiter 3. Scheduled an over the phone interview. 4. Got an email scheduling an interview w/ the Area Manager 5. Interview w/ AM 6. Got the call and offer letter sent out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a quick decision and it ended unfavorably? What did you do, if anything, to correct it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Wilkes-Barre, PA).

Interview

Call, in person interview, then you meet with someone who promises you if you work hard you can bonus which isn't true, management trainees no longer can bonus. Don't be fooled, keep looking

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply on line. you complete a personality test. recruiter in Florida will do a phone screen. you will then be passed on to the area manager or branch manager for a face to face interview. once offer is made you do a drug screen and they do a background check. you are then hired

Interview Questions

• how do you handle rejections?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in November 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. The interview mainly consisted of background discussion and conversation. We also discussed pay and expectations for the role. Overall it was a fairly bland interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad customer experience and how you handeled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was in a different area from where I was hired. The second was in the area I was hired in and came about because of a reference from the the first interviewer who couldn't take me at the time. Both were largely informal but they touched on some of the typical "script" questions. I was given a job offer about a week after the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hertz (Riverside, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume on my school's website. I got an email from a recruiter to set a time for a phone interview which is very short. It consists little questions in regards to the role. The recruiter basically talk about the role itself, the promotion, the compensation, and the job description of what is expected. The recruiter is going to transfer the resume and the answers for the phone interview to the branch that is hiring. You will receive a second interview in one to two days if that branch manager thinks you are a match, if you don't hear anything back beyond two days, you are not a right match for that role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent experience?   Answer Question
    • What is your highest level of education?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a driver license with a clean driving record?   Answer Question
    • You might have to work in Saturdays and overtime, is there any obstacles that would prevent you from doing so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview followed by individual interviews with the Area Manager. If shortlisted you will interview with a manager within the area (very likely the manager who will conduct your one month training)

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position and why should we choose you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. The interview consists of an area manager and the branch manager asking you questions about why you would be a good fit for hertz and what they are looking for in a candidate and how the day to day operations run. They stress the importance of being a "team player" and that everyone no matter the level of employment lends a helping hand by washing cars, being at the counter, or dropping/picking customers off, and selling insurance.

Interview Questions

• If I offered you this job right now, on a scale of 1-10, how badly would you want this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Humble, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Nice one on one experience! It started out as a straight interview with typical questions that all interviews ask. As it continue the atmosphere became more relaxed and it became more of a conversation between friends.

Interview Questions

• If I hired you what are you going to bring to the company beside hard work?   1 Answer