Hertz Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.3

322 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

They tell lies to get you to accept the position. You'll wash one or two cars... Not, you wash fleets of cars all day everyday, unless you work at a big airport. You're told you will work an occasional weekend but it's more like u will work two weekends a month, 9 days straight..

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in September 2017.

Interview

Did initial phone interview and was extremely unimpressed with how unorganized the HR rep was. She didn’t know my name initially and didn’t know the position that she was suppose to be speaking about. She referenced multiple salaries and then came saying an extremely low number saying it was the max allowed. Declined offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Woburn, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I only got to the the first step in the process. I applied online and received a call right away to go to a career event in Woburn Ma. I went to the event followed the instructions however the Manager who was going to conduct the Interview was not there so I interviewed with the Branch Manager. He was totally turned off by me and I knew going in that I was not a typical Hertz Trainee candidate. That being said I was much older than anyone else I have interacted with during the process and not to sure if that was a factor. The following Day the Hiring Manager called me right away early in the Morning. I tried many times and sent numerous text and emails but blew me off all day. I called twice today and after the second He realize I was not going away and He told I was not going to be hired. Nothing worse that calling early in the Morning and not responding to any calls just to find out you didn't get the job. Not a great way to treat people.

Interview Questions

• He asked me Why Hertz? and twice how did I handle a difficult Customer. I guess once was not enough .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Apex, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about a six on the scale to one to ten. Nothing that really jumped out at me. Base questions were base answers. Read the reviews, because they helped me along the way. I'm not going to drag them through the mud and talk bad about them. But I would say I know this job was not for me. I got lied to about the pay rate. I make more at my other job. They told me that I would be making $12 an hour, after about 18 months I be promoted. I was told that I was going to get a call back within 12-48 hours. The phone call never came, or an email. I just think it's better to follow up to why I did not get the job, along with notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to come and work for them?   Answer Question
    • Give me a past experience when you had to deal with a bad customer or employee?   Answer Question
    • What are some goals that you would have set for working here?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

You receive a call from a recruiter who will ask you a series of questions to gauge whether or not to pass you onto a in person interview. At the end of the call the recruiter will let you know if you passed then will schedule you for the in person interview. I personally only interviewed with one manager and got the job. Make sure you are prepared to answer questions about your work history, why you want to work for hertz, and emphasize your sales experience. I followed up the same day as the interview with a thank you email to the interviewer and got a call maybe a couple hours after my interview with an offer. Overall it was a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why hertz, and was asked a specific question about my past work history selling model   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Auburn, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

They were able to create a comfortable environment for me while still maintaining a very professional atmosphere. You could tell and first glance that the team was highly productive and got right down to business while still being a close knit work family.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit to this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online to this position and within a week I was scheduled an interview. The interviewer was really relaxed which made me more comfortable and offered me great feedback. Most questions were different scenarios and how I would approach the situation. I was also asked general questions about myself and my background.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation if your supervisor gave you an unrealistic deadline? How would you tell your team? How would you talk to your supervisor about it?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lou, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Lou, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a two interview process. The first interview they ask about your previous job experience and why you think you would be a good fit at their company. The second interview the discuss compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview process. In and out in 5 minutes. Was very comfortable environment. It was short due to the amount of people, just waiting to see if I get a call back for a second interview.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Recruiter introduced herself and advised of how long the interview would take. Recruiter also advised of interview structure and # of questions before starting. Lots of questions, recruiter was very friendly and explained the job in detail as well as management expectations.