Hertz Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.3

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The interview process was long but it flowed well. The company really likes hiring recent grads so I had that on my side. As long as you can communicate you're an effective leader they pretty much teach you everything else

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I define work ethic as and how would I describe mine   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Wilkes-Barre, PA).

Interview

Call, in person interview, then you meet with someone who promises you if you work hard you can bonus which isn't true, management trainees no longer can bonus. Don't be fooled, keep looking

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews, mainly personality and situational questions. They want to make sure you fit into the manager's expectation of what an employee should be. While it was explained that this was a sales position, it wasn't explained that the sales quotas would change often.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview within an hour. Interviewed with branch manager on Thursday and had second interview with area manager the following Monday. Received a call from recruiter about 2 hours after second interview and was extended an offer. Accepted offer and went in for drug screening and background check initiation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in November 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. The interview mainly consisted of background discussion and conversation. We also discussed pay and expectations for the role. Overall it was a fairly bland interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad customer experience and how you handeled it.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was posted on one of the job sites and a recruited contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with one of the regional managers and although it was an interview it was more informal. It was more of me asking what questions did I have anout the company and what allows a person to move up fast at Hertz. After talking to him I was told i could go and talk to the branch manager for that location and we discussed operations and sales for a few minutes before i left. Later that day i received an email and call telling me i needed to complete the application before a job offer could be extended. Because of the benefits, i love to travel, i accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me about Hertz   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Low pressure. A few very basic questions regarding experience in customer service and sales.

Interviewer sat back for a while and let/made me answer them at length. He gave fairly strong confirmation what I said was what he wanted to hear. He reiterated the job description with some added specifics, then, asked me if I had any questions. He seemed honest, knowledgeable, and eager to clarify things for me, though obviously using my questions a way to gauge my enthusiasm/professionalism/priorities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an irate customer? How did you resolve the issue?

Describe your experiences in sales.
      Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied and got an email to set up a phone interview the very next day. It was just one phone interview and one in person interview that took about 20 mins. I got a response 3 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, an got an email from the HR the next day. I was scheduled for an interview at their main branch. The interview didn't take long, and I talked to HR the next day about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward. Informed me of salary, promotional opportunity, and long hours

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was in a different area from where I was hired. The second was in the area I was hired in and came about because of a reference from the the first interviewer who couldn't take me at the time. Both were largely informal but they touched on some of the typical "script" questions. I was given a job offer about a week after the second interview.