Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Richmond, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Everything went smoothly initially, basic questions you'd expect in an interview. Once we got past the introductory and questioning phases, I was told what the job entailed, which was really just a puffed up version of the truth, using professional words to hide the fact the job was essentially a glorified car-detailer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      How sales-oriented are you?
      Answer Question

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Quincy, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Since applying for Hertz last week, I can say that the hiring process moves pretty swiftly because I received a phone interview two days ago and went in for the interview today. The person interviewing as an area manager who seemed polite and straight forward about the day-to-day duties of a manager in training with a non-airport location site. He also explained the process to becoming a manager if one successfully completes the program between 9 months to a year. The next step after the 1st face-to-face interview is a 2nd face-to-face interview with the supervisor of the area manager who first interviewed me in person.

Interview Questions

• I could say the most difficult question could be why Hertz? There were several ways of answering this question without seeming fake, so I took the direct approach and mostly focused my response on the fact that Hertz is a company that offers opportunities for growth and that it really does care about its employees which is for the most part perhaps true especially since the area manager says that in 4 years of working with Hertz, he has not seen one person get laid-off. According to the area manager, Hertz seems like a company that strives to listen to their employees especially since the employees are the ones who are in the trenches day in and day out.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Interview

Easy phone interviews. They will promise you a lot and tell you lies about the hours, pay and location. They are just looking for people to become leaders and mangers- hence the management trainee title. They will process a background check and drug test you within 24 hours of you accepting the position which can be a hassle for anyone with a life.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for Hertz and received a phone called ten days after submitting my application online. My recruiter did a basic phone interview telling me what the company and the position was about. After he finished, he asked if I was still interested and of course I said yes. We scheduled my in-person interview for the following Tuesday with the area manager. I had to drive an hour for my interview because the interview wasn't at the location at which I applied, but it wasn't a big deal for me. I actually had my interview with the former Area Manager, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. My interview was at 10am Tuesday morning and was given a job offer by 3pm that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• If a person were still in the Management Trainee position after a year, do you feel that is it fair for the company to let that individual go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Klamath Falls, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

You must apply online through Hertz website. Usually an online assessment of about 2-hours is included at the end of application; you can take it at the same time or later, but you have to take it before your application is considered complete. Then, depending on meeting the job requirements, a recruiter will call you and set up a different time for a phone interview, which is the first step. Then most likely you will get referred to a face-to-face interview at the site of business with the site manager. If that goes well, you will be referred to either a face-to-face or a phone interview with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• You have done enough back-office work, what makes you think you will be successful in a customer facing retail environment now?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Branch manager then interviewed with the area manager, both were fairly easy interviews. They were both pretty lengthy, the one with the area manager more so than the one with branch manager.

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Vallejo, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a very brief phone interview from headquarters in New Jersey. Then they set you up with an interview about a week later with the area manager for where you will be working, who will be your boss's boss, although I hear some people also interview with the branch manager. The interview is pretty simple just your standard interview questions, they ask if you have experience with sales just say yes or say that you will be good at sales, sales is all they care about. Sometimes you do an interview with a branch manager as well, but in my case, unbeknownst to me, the area was so incredibly severely horribly understaffed that they probably were going to hire the first person that pissed clean. He said I was hired as long as I passed a background check and drug test. Started like a week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in a sales position/have you any sales experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Was your basic entry level interview. They are just looking for drive. They will ask you basic situational questions about tell me about a time about this. Everything was basic customer service questions. Thy also touched on basic sales questions. They had me meet with an area manager as well as the branch manager where you are going to work. It took about an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Filled out application and received a call no more than 2 days later. Set up interview. Interview was awesome! Area manager just wanted to know if I could hold a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Shreveport, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

You have to go through three interviews in order to be hired. The 1st one is with the recruiter. I just went through the 2nd interview, it wasn't to bad. I waiting to get my schedule my 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• I was told during the 3rd interview they asked you to sell a pen to them. Once I'll have the 3rd one, I'll keep you updated.   Answer Question