Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.3

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview followed by individual interviews with the Area Manager. If shortlisted you will interview with a manager within the area (very likely the manager who will conduct your one month training)

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position and why should we choose you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. The interview consists of an area manager and the branch manager asking you questions about why you would be a good fit for hertz and what they are looking for in a candidate and how the day to day operations run. They stress the importance of being a "team player" and that everyone no matter the level of employment lends a helping hand by washing cars, being at the counter, or dropping/picking customers off, and selling insurance.

Interview Questions

• If I offered you this job right now, on a scale of 1-10, how badly would you want this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Humble, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Nice one on one experience! It started out as a straight interview with typical questions that all interviews ask. As it continue the atmosphere became more relaxed and it became more of a conversation between friends.

Interview Questions

• If I hired you what are you going to bring to the company beside hard work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a screening call a few days later. Screening was simple, asked when the best time to come in for an interview would be. Declined - online ad said $33,000/yr but offered $14/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Went on interview. Fairly easy questions. Straightforward questions like an other interview you will go on. Seemed very friendly and helpful. i do recommend brushing up on your knowledge of the company prior to interview. Then again, that is pretty much common sense, but you never know. If I could do it again, I would probably arrive at least an hour earlier. The commute was quite difficult and made it just in time. Don't be nervous and best of luck.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial hiring process easy. Tell them that you are a hard worker, don't mind driving, love to be rewarded, a time you have great customer service and things about yourself that would make you a good sales and customer service representative. They have high turnover so they always need individuals.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you gave exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No there was no negotiation they have you at a starting salary at 13.50 an hour plus commission. Be warned of you don't make sales goals they will find a way to get rid of you.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever had. Just to had to give some semi-intersting hours and not come off like a complete moron, and essentially the job will be yours. It took about 30 minutes, and mostly there was a lot of listening and not a lot of contributing to the interviewer himself.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from recruiter. Had a 30 min phone interview and was invited to come to the office for an in person interview. Was interview by Branch and Area Manager. Asked how would I use my previous experience to succeed in the job, what makes me the right candidate, tell me about a time when... questions. Lasted about 45 mins overall,

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just about previous experience and how I would use it to become a great salesman   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Richmond, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Everything went smoothly initially, basic questions you'd expect in an interview. Once we got past the introductory and questioning phases, I was told what the job entailed, which was really just a puffed up version of the truth, using professional words to hide the fact the job was essentially a glorified car-detailer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      How sales-oriented are you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Quincy, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Since applying for Hertz last week, I can say that the hiring process moves pretty swiftly because I received a phone interview two days ago and went in for the interview today. The person interviewing as an area manager who seemed polite and straight forward about the day-to-day duties of a manager in training with a non-airport location site. He also explained the process to becoming a manager if one successfully completes the program between 9 months to a year. The next step after the 1st face-to-face interview is a 2nd face-to-face interview with the supervisor of the area manager who first interviewed me in person.

Interview Questions

• I could say the most difficult question could be why Hertz? There were several ways of answering this question without seeming fake, so I took the direct approach and mostly focused my response on the fact that Hertz is a company that offers opportunities for growth and that it really does care about its employees which is for the most part perhaps true especially since the area manager says that in 4 years of working with Hertz, he has not seen one person get laid-off. According to the area manager, Hertz seems like a company that strives to listen to their employees especially since the employees are the ones who are in the trenches day in and day out.   Answer Question