Hertz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.4

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was in a different area from where I was hired. The second was in the area I was hired in and came about because of a reference from the the first interviewer who couldn't take me at the time. Both were largely informal but they touched on some of the typical "script" questions. I was given a job offer about a week after the second interview.

Location Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Windsor, CT).

Interview

The interview was a very basic overview of what you had done. It was much more focused on interpersonal, problem solving and being able to multi task. Hertz as an organization is defined by nimble management who's ability to delegate and shift internal human resources very quickly in order to accommodate a dynamic landscape. They are looking for high functioning resourceful operational managers who have a PM tendency's.

In addition you have to have the correct personality style--A "B" with layers of A mixed in. That is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my greatest weakness.   1 Answer

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Boston, MA).

Interview

I originally applied on the Hertz employment website for the position. It took them about 3 days for a response to my application. My first interview was by phone with a recruiter from the human resources department in which she just verified my work history listed on my resume. It was about 20 minutes in duration. My second interview was also by phone with the regional sales manager. Again he just verified my work history listed on my resume. I could tell by the conversation that his work experience wasn't really retail sales. It was more on the rental, and logistical side of Hertz. He then scheduled me a face to face interview with himself in my state. At the third interview he focused in more detail about my work history, asking the general interview questions that I've answered a million times. It was about sixty minutes long. He then setup a fourth interview with me for the following week. This gave them time needed to verify my work history, and references, and probably my background check. At the fourth interview, he asked specific questions in regards to sales, and how I manage time, and people, and again it was about sixty minutes long. A week later after I had tried followed up with them a few times I got a call from the recruiter with the job offer. It was a long waiting period.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Online application then phone interview followed by one on one. There really wasn't much to it, after all it's a driver position. The interview when I was promoted to Manager Trainee was about the same, but I was more informed of what I would be doing. If you can convincingly sell yourself, you can do this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Location Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Easy interview process. They need anyone with a pulse to fill positions so that's to be expected. Start with online application, get a call from a recruiter, meet with area manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard: Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself, what do you think a typical day looks like, describe leadership experiences.   1 Answer

Hiker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

good, manager was easy and they only focus on the schedule, fun enviroment to work at and i get to walk, excersice a little bit and get pay so why not

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Brief phone interview. Then an, in office, one on one with regional/ area manager. I then sat with the manager of Dollar/ Thrifty (Hertz sister company) for an hour. Later sat with the sales manager of hertz for an hour. They take the time to decide where you will be best fit.

Interview Questions

• Alright, sell me this highlighter. I come and buy them every moth for my business, but you have a new, cheaper, equal quality product you want to introduce to me, your loyal, regular customer.
      - hands me highlighter- now go!
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Estero, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application on the company website, got an email within a few days from HR to set up a phone interview. Screening was relatively easy, talked about the experiences and what I'm looking for. It helps to know a little about the company and position you're applying for (technical terms, etc.). Had an in person interview with mangement and offered the position two days later.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Kissimmee, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. The face to face seemed easy but you can tell they are not hiring older employees .....will never rent from them or apply. ..AGE Discrimination...even though I sent a thank you email to them I never heard back from the company about this position :(

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with younger...employees   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The new interview process is like most companies now a days. Little laid back and ask you alot of tell me a time when questions. sometimes with one but useually with two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to overcome an issue and how did you overcome it   Answer Question