Hertz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.4

Fleet Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Submit resume at INFORMS. One round phone interview then onsite. Not technical at all just normal chat. Meet with almost everyone in the team. I prepared myself very well and read a lot about car rental industry. Through our conversations, I feel that they think their work is very demanding and technical but actually just so-so. Most of the work is just to use a software and write some SQL code. I ask for a salary between 60,000 and 65,000 but they still say it's a high range. I have nothing to say. Then I wait for 7 weeks and was told I was rejected ......

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied on line, had a phone interview and then had a one to one with the City Ops and then with the GM. Had to wait over 40 min on both occasions.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in November 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. The interview mainly consisted of background discussion and conversation. We also discussed pay and expectations for the role. Overall it was a fairly bland interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad customer experience and how you handeled it.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was posted on one of the job sites and a recruited contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with one of the regional managers and although it was an interview it was more informal. It was more of me asking what questions did I have anout the company and what allows a person to move up fast at Hertz. After talking to him I was told i could go and talk to the branch manager for that location and we discussed operations and sales for a few minutes before i left. Later that day i received an email and call telling me i needed to complete the application before a job offer could be extended. Because of the benefits, i love to travel, i accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me about Hertz   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Low pressure. A few very basic questions regarding experience in customer service and sales.

Interviewer sat back for a while and let/made me answer them at length. He gave fairly strong confirmation what I said was what he wanted to hear. He reiterated the job description with some added specifics, then, asked me if I had any questions. He seemed honest, knowledgeable, and eager to clarify things for me, though obviously using my questions a way to gauge my enthusiasm/professionalism/priorities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an irate customer? How did you resolve the issue?

Describe your experiences in sales.
      Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied and got an email to set up a phone interview the very next day. It was just one phone interview and one in person interview that took about 20 mins. I got a response 3 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, an got an email from the HR the next day. I was scheduled for an interview at their main branch. The interview didn't take long, and I talked to HR the next day about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward. Informed me of salary, promotional opportunity, and long hours

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was in a different area from where I was hired. The second was in the area I was hired in and came about because of a reference from the the first interviewer who couldn't take me at the time. Both were largely informal but they touched on some of the typical "script" questions. I was given a job offer about a week after the second interview.

Location Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Windsor, CT).

Interview

The interview was a very basic overview of what you had done. It was much more focused on interpersonal, problem solving and being able to multi task. Hertz as an organization is defined by nimble management who's ability to delegate and shift internal human resources very quickly in order to accommodate a dynamic landscape. They are looking for high functioning resourceful operational managers who have a PM tendency's.

In addition you have to have the correct personality style--A "B" with layers of A mixed in. That is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my greatest weakness.   1 Answer

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Boston, MA).

Interview

I originally applied on the Hertz employment website for the position. It took them about 3 days for a response to my application. My first interview was by phone with a recruiter from the human resources department in which she just verified my work history listed on my resume. It was about 20 minutes in duration. My second interview was also by phone with the regional sales manager. Again he just verified my work history listed on my resume. I could tell by the conversation that his work experience wasn't really retail sales. It was more on the rental, and logistical side of Hertz. He then scheduled me a face to face interview with himself in my state. At the third interview he focused in more detail about my work history, asking the general interview questions that I've answered a million times. It was about sixty minutes long. He then setup a fourth interview with me for the following week. This gave them time needed to verify my work history, and references, and probably my background check. At the fourth interview, he asked specific questions in regards to sales, and how I manage time, and people, and again it was about sixty minutes long. A week later after I had tried followed up with them a few times I got a call from the recruiter with the job offer. It was a long waiting period.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation