Hertz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.4

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. Online App with a Fast Call Back. Scheduled an interview with phone screening and went into the location within days. Some questions were tough for that position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever held a position where you were in charge of others?   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Met with the recruiter over the phone and answered some brief questions. I was selected for a further interview but that was cancelled once I learned the position had been put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected just asked my experience compared to the expectations   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hertz (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Ask a lot of questions about customer service and your selling skills. Sell yourself because that's what's the position is about selling things. So be outgoing, smile and always make eye contact. Relax make the interview like you already know the person. So welcome the interview your positive vibes.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Cape Coral, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for position online and receive a voice mail from the corporate recruiter in 2 days. Returned his call and left a message. Waited three days with no response. Left a second message. A week and a half later I received a second voice mail stating how excited he was to speak to me and that if everything went well he would be scheduling me for an interview with two other existing employees and then the hiring manager. Called back and spoke to the recruiter who seemed somewhat annoyed when I called and made me feel like I was interrupting him. Advised me to tell him about my background as he did not have my resume in front of him. I began telling him a little bit about my experience when no more than 45 seconds had gone by and he cut me off and told me that he would send my resume and the hiring manager and get back to me in a few days and let me know what they want to do. A week later I have not received a response.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Recruiter introduced herself and advised of how long the interview would take. Recruiter also advised of interview structure and # of questions before starting. Lots of questions, recruiter was very friendly and explained the job in detail as well as management expectations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then a drug screening and background check. The process takes a while but still interviewing elsewhere. Accepted the offer for now, out of town training but in town for work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult situation you've been in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Beaverton, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, perhaps a few days later I received a call to interview with the manager. I Sadly the place seemed a little understaffed and my interview started around 15 minutes later than it should have. I get an email then phone call a few days later to interview with the area manager. This time the interview started right on time. Just standard normal questions. Maybe another few days later I get an offer by phone, with both of the managers on the other end. It took human resources a while to get me going and I started work about one month after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pen?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

1. Apply online 2. Get a call from a recruiter 3. Scheduled an over the phone interview. 4. Got an email scheduling an interview w/ the Area Manager 5. Interview w/ AM 6. Got the call and offer letter sent out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a quick decision and it ended unfavorably? What did you do, if anything, to correct it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview overall was very brief. Try to sell me 'x' item. Standard questions you would expect from any interview...Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit... Etc

Interview Questions

• What's something you enjoy doing? Sell me on the idea of doing that.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Concord, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

scheduled for interview in concord, ca. received email from recruiter that the interviewer had to change my interview time. Sent email back to recruiter telling her that the new time was ok. Went to interview , interviewer was not aware. Gave him my resume to set up another time. They simply blew me off no communication back at all. Just a waste of my time and energy. Would not recommend this company to anyone.