Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.3

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buzzards Bay, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Buzzards Bay, MA).

Interview

The intial communication was by a recruiter were they ask a couple simple questions about customer service experience and leadership experience. You then go in for an interview with the branch manager. My interview was more like a conversation about my background, skills, and why I wanted to work for Hertz. I was explained the process of moving up into the ranks. Then I had an interview with the area manager which asked you more difficult questions behavioral questions. After that I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online
    If selected will be asked to a phone interview.
    do research so you have knowledge of company. know some basic history. be able to answer simple questions like why you want to work for hertz
    after phone interview will receive interview at location with area manager.
    make sure you dress the part.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had a difficult time working with someone. how did you handle it   1 Answer

Negotiation

was no real negotiation. they won't budge to much on offer because meeting sales goals increases pay dramatically.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

About an hour long, get to know you. Manager asked how I came to apply for hertz and I gild him that I needed some basic sales experience, hertz does have a great training program-its a drceny foot in the door to sales,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want you work for hertz?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Met the very young manager of an off-airport branch and went for coffee as the tiny shack of a location wouldn't work for a job interview. The whole thing seemed like like a formality in that I am sure anyone who seemed remotely willing to be polite and do what they were told while making a reasonable effort would get the job. Je posed a few softball questions that seemed entirely meant to gauge sanity and willingness to perform the simple job duties and stay with company for a while. He also sold the job as an opportunity for advancement and tried to figure out my ambition level, as that seems the way they keep people, by dangling the carrot that is managing your own tiny branch after six months to a year or so of cleaning out cars. I followed up with the regional manager. That interview was equally softball and seemed to be about covering the law. I got an offer a little while the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by someone at the hiring office regarding a local Management Trainee position for which I had applied. The hiring office guy described the trainee process and salary information, and we set up an initial interview.

I had been instructed to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the interview time, and I hit the door precisely 15 minutes before. The interviewer was not remotely ready, and I waited about 10 minutes. Finally we got started. He was dressed somewhat shabbily, but was friendly enough. He didn't seem like he had much experience interviewing. He described the job, and it turned out to be a glorified sales/front counter job with *real* management potential much further down the line.

At the end of the interview, I was told that the next stage was an interview with the district manager, and I would be contacted if I qualified.

Less than 4 hours later, I received a call from the hiring office, offering me the job. I was quite surprised, but having already thought things through, I decided to turn down the position. It paid less than I was already making, and I was not interested in a sales position with a manager title.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. The questions were incredibly basic and standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I meet with the Area Manager first and talked to him a little bit about my previous sales experience and how it can be applied to what they do at hertz. The interview lasted about a half and hour and then we sent up a second interview meeting to meet some of the other local managers and mainly had a quick Q&A on how Hertz is run and what the company is doing right now. It was relatively inform and after everything was all said and down I eventually heard back from them a week later with an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Hertz?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Fairly quick but overall deceptive thinking back to it. There was a lot of going back and forth once I did get the final interview face to face matched up. There is no allegiance here because the person I met when I first came into location was person I replaced when I started.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hertz as opposed to Enterprise (A.K.A The Green Team)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview is very straight forward and pre-qualifies you before the in person interview process. First interview was with an area manager and the assistant branch manager of the location you would be assigned to, all questions based on how you would respond to certain situations, and based off of your past experiences in other jobs. If all goes well your HR personnel will schedule your second interview, the questions in this interview are all very similar. Be sure to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job of similar training with a competitive salary.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Newark, OH).

Interview

I got a a call from a recruiter from hertz that asked if i was interested in an interview. i agreed then went to interview were i met the branch manger and he interviewed me. then was called back for a second interview with the branch manager and area manager. were they interviewed me again.

Interview Questions

• nothing really difficult just was asked about if i had done sales. what i expected and giving a scenario or two in job situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

well i did not negotiate since it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied through Monster.com and received a phone call 3 weeks later....better late then never. Was asked about my previous experiences and qualification. You must have good standing drivers license to meet their minimum requirement.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, no curve balls. As long as you have a Bachelors degree, you're pretty much set. Retail or sales experience a plus.   Answer Question

Had other job opportunities