Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview is very straight forward and pre-qualifies you before the in person interview process. First interview was with an area manager and the assistant branch manager of the location you would be assigned to, all questions based on how you would respond to certain situations, and based off of your past experiences in other jobs. If all goes well your HR personnel will schedule your second interview, the questions in this interview are all very similar. Be sure to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job of similar training with a competitive salary.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Newark, OH).

Interview

I got a a call from a recruiter from hertz that asked if i was interested in an interview. i agreed then went to interview were i met the branch manger and he interviewed me. then was called back for a second interview with the branch manager and area manager. were they interviewed me again.

Interview Questions

• nothing really difficult just was asked about if i had done sales. what i expected and giving a scenario or two in job situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

well i did not negotiate since it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied through Monster.com and received a phone call 3 weeks later....better late then never. Was asked about my previous experiences and qualification. You must have good standing drivers license to meet their minimum requirement.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, no curve balls. As long as you have a Bachelors degree, you're pretty much set. Retail or sales experience a plus.   Answer Question

Had other job opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

Before getting an initial interview at the main office a phone interview was set up, which is very general and basic asking about your experience and going over your resume. the main interview was where i was confused. the "manager" interviewing me knew nothing about me at all, basically asking the same questions that the phone recruiter asked. The whole interview was basically just him explaining the job to be and me asking questions. It was a really laid back interview though and very non formal. After he told me that the pay was only $10.00 with overtime pay of time and a half I knew then that I was going to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can handle a strict sales environment?   Answer Question

50+ hours a week only making $10.00 an hour. thats crazy. no work life balance. you work everyday from open until close with a saturday until 12 pm.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by corporate recruiter from New Jersey. Got an interview the next day with an Area Manager. I only had one interview with him and it was fairly easy

Interview Questions

• When was there a time where there was a customer service issue and what did you do to fix it?   1 Answer

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Clearwater, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Three step interview process. First: Phone interview; Second: Store manager interview; Area Manager interview. There is a Drug test involved upon being offered the position(urine test). The interview is not a structured interview (Question & Answer). Its a conversational based interview where they lay out what the position encompasses, ask you typical questions about education and job experience, and ask if you have any questions about the company/position.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working more than 40 hrs a week?   1 Answer

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with Hertz Recruiter, if accepted they will forward your resume to the Branch Manager. Branch Manager will ask basic questions such as tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs

Interview Questions

• None, if you're know how to sell yourself than you will no difficulties landing a job with Hertz   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process only consisted of interview. The interviewer was very polite and tried to be relate-able to the interviewee. The response time to whether or not a person was chosen for the position was fairly speedy.

Anonymous Employee in West Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (West Babylon, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and I received a phone call about 2 weeks later from a recruiter and I set up an interview with the Area Manager for the next day. The Area Manager was very young, not older than 30, and was a bit unprofessional. He was texting during the interview, and the interview consisted of a list of questions from a pamphlet that I had no problem answering. Overall, a very easy interview to ace. I got a phone call the next day from the initial recruiter saying that they wanted to offer me the job, and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you handled an angry customer   1 Answer
    • Give me a time when you were in charge of a project and you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as far as I know, hourly at first, then salary when you finish being a trainee

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Duarte, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The regional recruiter was very friendly over the phone and told me what I needed to do to continue my process. He then scheduled an interview with the district manager at my local Hertz. When I showed up for my interview, I had to wait about 20 minutes because the manager was not there. Once he got there, he was very friendly and the interview took about 30 minutes. I noticed that all the workers I saw (about 5-6) were all men.