Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.3

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lou, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Lou, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a two interview process. The first interview they ask about your previous job experience and why you think you would be a good fit at their company. The second interview the discuss compensation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

1. Apply online 2. Get a call from a recruiter 3. Scheduled an over the phone interview. 4. Got an email scheduling an interview w/ the Area Manager 5. Interview w/ AM 6. Got the call and offer letter sent out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a quick decision and it ended unfavorably? What did you do, if anything, to correct it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Wilkes-Barre, PA).

Interview

Call, in person interview, then you meet with someone who promises you if you work hard you can bonus which isn't true, management trainees no longer can bonus. Don't be fooled, keep looking

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply on line. you complete a personality test. recruiter in Florida will do a phone screen. you will then be passed on to the area manager or branch manager for a face to face interview. once offer is made you do a drug screen and they do a background check. you are then hired

Interview Questions

• how do you handle rejections?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in November 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. The interview mainly consisted of background discussion and conversation. We also discussed pay and expectations for the role. Overall it was a fairly bland interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad customer experience and how you handeled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. The interview consists of an area manager and the branch manager asking you questions about why you would be a good fit for hertz and what they are looking for in a candidate and how the day to day operations run. They stress the importance of being a "team player" and that everyone no matter the level of employment lends a helping hand by washing cars, being at the counter, or dropping/picking customers off, and selling insurance.

Interview Questions

• If I offered you this job right now, on a scale of 1-10, how badly would you want this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Humble, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Nice one on one experience! It started out as a straight interview with typical questions that all interviews ask. As it continue the atmosphere became more relaxed and it became more of a conversation between friends.

Interview Questions

• If I hired you what are you going to bring to the company beside hard work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a screening call a few days later. Screening was simple, asked when the best time to come in for an interview would be. Declined - online ad said $33,000/yr but offered $14/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever had. Just to had to give some semi-intersting hours and not come off like a complete moron, and essentially the job will be yours. It took about 30 minutes, and mostly there was a lot of listening and not a lot of contributing to the interviewer himself.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from recruiter. Had a 30 min phone interview and was invited to come to the office for an in person interview. Was interview by Branch and Area Manager. Asked how would I use my previous experience to succeed in the job, what makes me the right candidate, tell me about a time when... questions. Lasted about 45 mins overall,

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just about previous experience and how I would use it to become a great salesman   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation