Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.3

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

1. Apply online 2. Get a call from a recruiter 3. Scheduled an over the phone interview. 4. Got an email scheduling an interview w/ the Area Manager 5. Interview w/ AM 6. Got the call and offer letter sent out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a quick decision and it ended unfavorably? What did you do, if anything, to correct it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Wilkes-Barre, PA).

Interview

Call, in person interview, then you meet with someone who promises you if you work hard you can bonus which isn't true, management trainees no longer can bonus. Don't be fooled, keep looking

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in November 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. The interview mainly consisted of background discussion and conversation. We also discussed pay and expectations for the role. Overall it was a fairly bland interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad customer experience and how you handeled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Humble, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Nice one on one experience! It started out as a straight interview with typical questions that all interviews ask. As it continue the atmosphere became more relaxed and it became more of a conversation between friends.

Interview Questions

• If I hired you what are you going to bring to the company beside hard work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a screening call a few days later. Screening was simple, asked when the best time to come in for an interview would be. Declined - online ad said $33,000/yr but offered $14/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever had. Just to had to give some semi-intersting hours and not come off like a complete moron, and essentially the job will be yours. It took about 30 minutes, and mostly there was a lot of listening and not a lot of contributing to the interviewer himself.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from recruiter. Had a 30 min phone interview and was invited to come to the office for an in person interview. Was interview by Branch and Area Manager. Asked how would I use my previous experience to succeed in the job, what makes me the right candidate, tell me about a time when... questions. Lasted about 45 mins overall,

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just about previous experience and how I would use it to become a great salesman   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Richmond, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Everything went smoothly initially, basic questions you'd expect in an interview. Once we got past the introductory and questioning phases, I was told what the job entailed, which was really just a puffed up version of the truth, using professional words to hide the fact the job was essentially a glorified car-detailer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      How sales-oriented are you?
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Interview

Easy phone interviews. They will promise you a lot and tell you lies about the hours, pay and location. They are just looking for people to become leaders and mangers- hence the management trainee title. They will process a background check and drug test you within 24 hours of you accepting the position which can be a hassle for anyone with a life.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for Hertz and received a phone called ten days after submitting my application online. My recruiter did a basic phone interview telling me what the company and the position was about. After he finished, he asked if I was still interested and of course I said yes. We scheduled my in-person interview for the following Tuesday with the area manager. I had to drive an hour for my interview because the interview wasn't at the location at which I applied, but it wasn't a big deal for me. I actually had my interview with the former Area Manager, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. My interview was at 10am Tuesday morning and was given a job offer by 3pm that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• If a person were still in the Management Trainee position after a year, do you feel that is it fair for the company to let that individual go?   Answer Question