Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.2

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The interview process was long but it flowed well. The company really likes hiring recent grads so I had that on my side. As long as you can communicate you're an effective leader they pretty much teach you everything else

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I define work ethic as and how would I describe mine   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview within an hour. Interviewed with branch manager on Thursday and had second interview with area manager the following Monday. Received a call from recruiter about 2 hours after second interview and was extended an offer. Accepted offer and went in for drug screening and background check initiation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Low pressure. A few very basic questions regarding experience in customer service and sales.

Interviewer sat back for a while and let/made me answer them at length. He gave fairly strong confirmation what I said was what he wanted to hear. He reiterated the job description with some added specifics, then, asked me if I had any questions. He seemed honest, knowledgeable, and eager to clarify things for me, though obviously using my questions a way to gauge my enthusiasm/professionalism/priorities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an irate customer? How did you resolve the issue?

Describe your experiences in sales.
      Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied and got an email to set up a phone interview the very next day. It was just one phone interview and one in person interview that took about 20 mins. I got a response 3 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, an got an email from the HR the next day. I was scheduled for an interview at their main branch. The interview didn't take long, and I talked to HR the next day about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward. Informed me of salary, promotional opportunity, and long hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Kissimmee, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. The face to face seemed easy but you can tell they are not hiring older employees .....will never rent from them or apply. ..AGE Discrimination...even though I sent a thank you email to them I never heard back from the company about this position :(

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with younger...employees   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

Submitted an application online took about a week to get a callback. Short phone interview really just went over the hours the salary etc, then sat up a face-to-face in person interview at the branch location. Interview went smooth, just one on one. Really informal nice interview. The manager just told me what to expect how the position works, things you might encounter, blah blah...

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Seemed a little more then what I'm looking for and had other opportunities available

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

short one phone , one in person with Branch manager and area manager. Nothing to it. Just tell them that you are willing to work super hard and you are willing to bend the rules to get a job done. the panel interview could be a little intimidating since there 2 or 3 people against you but don't worry. hertz always needs people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. take it or leave it.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Long and boring. The manager that interviewed me was very nice. They asked all the same question that a typical interviewer would ask you. The process took about two hours.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The interview was vey laid back, just asked me about my resume and talked about the position. They mentioned that they were short staffed and basically said they were going to hire me. The interviewer asked pretty easy questions