Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.2

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Recruiter introduced herself and advised of how long the interview would take. Recruiter also advised of interview structure and # of questions before starting. Lots of questions, recruiter was very friendly and explained the job in detail as well as management expectations.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview overall was very brief. Try to sell me 'x' item. Standard questions you would expect from any interview...Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit... Etc

Interview Questions

• What's something you enjoy doing? Sell me on the idea of doing that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Richland Hills, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an interview the following day. I met with the area manager. She liked me so much that the interview only lasted 6 minutes before she decided she wanted me on the team. She set up the second interview for the same day with the branch manager at the location in which I'd be working. He also wanted me right off the bat, but this interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was sent an official offer the following day.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The interview process was long but it flowed well. The company really likes hiring recent grads so I had that on my side. As long as you can communicate you're an effective leader they pretty much teach you everything else

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I define work ethic as and how would I describe mine   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview within an hour. Interviewed with branch manager on Thursday and had second interview with area manager the following Monday. Received a call from recruiter about 2 hours after second interview and was extended an offer. Accepted offer and went in for drug screening and background check initiation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Low pressure. A few very basic questions regarding experience in customer service and sales.

Interviewer sat back for a while and let/made me answer them at length. He gave fairly strong confirmation what I said was what he wanted to hear. He reiterated the job description with some added specifics, then, asked me if I had any questions. He seemed honest, knowledgeable, and eager to clarify things for me, though obviously using my questions a way to gauge my enthusiasm/professionalism/priorities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an irate customer? How did you resolve the issue?

Describe your experiences in sales.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied and got an email to set up a phone interview the very next day. It was just one phone interview and one in person interview that took about 20 mins. I got a response 3 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, an got an email from the HR the next day. I was scheduled for an interview at their main branch. The interview didn't take long, and I talked to HR the next day about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward. Informed me of salary, promotional opportunity, and long hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Kissimmee, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. The face to face seemed easy but you can tell they are not hiring older employees .....will never rent from them or apply. ..AGE Discrimination...even though I sent a thank you email to them I never heard back from the company about this position :(

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with younger...employees   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview went fine. Hiring Manager was very nice, but was not told this would be an all sales job. I probably wouldn't have taken the job if I knew I would get written up for not making sales goals that were not easy to get in a certain demographic where I was getting job.

Interview Questions

• What was a major flaw of mine   1 Answer