Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.2

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Ask questions that require specific scenarios from your personal experience. Really looking for how hungry you are, how energetic, and how customer oriented you are. Never say or do anything negative. Come prepared to sell a randomly selected item. Never hint that you would ever not be willing to sell anything to anyone. Need is not a concern.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly difficult customer you had and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Quick Response and interview scheduled within 24 hours of replying. But the interviewer never gave me a chance to start with, asked no job specific questions, so very biased. I can’t say what they was looking for because it doesn’t demand a lot from the position

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I got a phone call a few days after submitting an application, from that point I did 1 phone and 1 in person interview. They were your standard interview questions.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

They tell lies to get you to accept the position. You'll wash one or two cars... Not, you wash fleets of cars all day everyday, unless you work at a big airport. You're told you will work an occasional weekend but it's more like u will work two weekends a month, 9 days straight..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Woburn, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I only got to the the first step in the process. I applied online and received a call right away to go to a career event in Woburn Ma. I went to the event followed the instructions however the Manager who was going to conduct the Interview was not there so I interviewed with the Branch Manager. He was totally turned off by me and I knew going in that I was not a typical Hertz Trainee candidate. That being said I was much older than anyone else I have interacted with during the process and not to sure if that was a factor. The following Day the Hiring Manager called me right away early in the Morning. I tried many times and sent numerous text and emails but blew me off all day. I called twice today and after the second He realize I was not going away and He told I was not going to be hired. Nothing worse that calling early in the Morning and not responding to any calls just to find out you didn't get the job. Not a great way to treat people.

Interview Questions

• He asked me Why Hertz? and twice how did I handle a difficult Customer. I guess once was not enough .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a face to face interview. The interview took place at one of the company's central locations which meant travelling a long distance for me. The individual that interviewed me was very personable and polite, and made me feel very comfortable. The interview with Hertz was very early in my job search. I have since noticed that this position has been advertised virtually everyday for the last 4-5 months. That leads me to believe there is a lot of turnover in this role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Auburn, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

They were able to create a comfortable environment for me while still maintaining a very professional atmosphere. You could tell and first glance that the team was highly productive and got right down to business while still being a close knit work family.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit to this position?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Recruiter introduced herself and advised of how long the interview would take. Recruiter also advised of interview structure and # of questions before starting. Lots of questions, recruiter was very friendly and explained the job in detail as well as management expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Beaverton, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, perhaps a few days later I received a call to interview with the manager. I Sadly the place seemed a little understaffed and my interview started around 15 minutes later than it should have. I get an email then phone call a few days later to interview with the area manager. This time the interview started right on time. Just standard normal questions. Maybe another few days later I get an offer by phone, with both of the managers on the other end. It took human resources a while to get me going and I started work about one month after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pen?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview overall was very brief. Try to sell me 'x' item. Standard questions you would expect from any interview...Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit... Etc

Interview Questions

• What's something you enjoy doing? Sell me on the idea of doing that.   Answer Question