Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.2

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I got a phone call a few days after submitting an application, from that point I did 1 phone and 1 in person interview. They were your standard interview questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

They tell lies to get you to accept the position. You'll wash one or two cars... Not, you wash fleets of cars all day everyday, unless you work at a big airport. You're told you will work an occasional weekend but it's more like u will work two weekends a month, 9 days straight..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Woburn, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I only got to the the first step in the process. I applied online and received a call right away to go to a career event in Woburn Ma. I went to the event followed the instructions however the Manager who was going to conduct the Interview was not there so I interviewed with the Branch Manager. He was totally turned off by me and I knew going in that I was not a typical Hertz Trainee candidate. That being said I was much older than anyone else I have interacted with during the process and not to sure if that was a factor. The following Day the Hiring Manager called me right away early in the Morning. I tried many times and sent numerous text and emails but blew me off all day. I called twice today and after the second He realize I was not going away and He told I was not going to be hired. Nothing worse that calling early in the Morning and not responding to any calls just to find out you didn't get the job. Not a great way to treat people.

Interview Questions

• He asked me Why Hertz? and twice how did I handle a difficult Customer. I guess once was not enough .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Auburn, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

They were able to create a comfortable environment for me while still maintaining a very professional atmosphere. You could tell and first glance that the team was highly productive and got right down to business while still being a close knit work family.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit to this position?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Recruiter introduced herself and advised of how long the interview would take. Recruiter also advised of interview structure and # of questions before starting. Lots of questions, recruiter was very friendly and explained the job in detail as well as management expectations.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview overall was very brief. Try to sell me 'x' item. Standard questions you would expect from any interview...Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit... Etc

Interview Questions

• What's something you enjoy doing? Sell me on the idea of doing that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Richland Hills, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an interview the following day. I met with the area manager. She liked me so much that the interview only lasted 6 minutes before she decided she wanted me on the team. She set up the second interview for the same day with the branch manager at the location in which I'd be working. He also wanted me right off the bat, but this interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was sent an official offer the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Greeley, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief interview over the phone asking typical questions. Be prepared to be put into a scenario where you have to sell something or provide customer service. They will do an interview over the phone and one in person at the branch. Try to impress the branch manager by asking if he or she needs help with anything, and stay off your phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a disgruntled customer   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The interview process was long but it flowed well. The company really likes hiring recent grads so I had that on my side. As long as you can communicate you're an effective leader they pretty much teach you everything else

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I define work ethic as and how would I describe mine   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview within an hour. Interviewed with branch manager on Thursday and had second interview with area manager the following Monday. Received a call from recruiter about 2 hours after second interview and was extended an offer. Accepted offer and went in for drug screening and background check initiation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.