Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral questions were asked to determine how you have functioned in past roles. You usually have 2 interview, one with the hiring manager, the other with HR. It moved pretty quickly; it only took about a week to receive the green light.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I had only 1 interview with the Area Manager and it took them over a month to decide to hire me then I had to submit a back ground check that took over a week and a drug test

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a email to set up a initial phone interview. Phone interview was 15 minutes. Just basic questions about background and work experience. Once you pass they set you up with an interview with the branch manager at the location you will be working at. That lasted literally 5 minutes for me. I drove 15 miles for a 5 minute interview because the manage wasn't prepared with questions. Just asked me basic questions. Passed that interview (what a surprise), and had a final interview with the area manager. This time i drove even further (30 miles) for the interview and the interview was 3 minutes. Asked me about resume and if i had any questions. Got hired the same day by the phone recruiter. Started a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a person with their Human Resource department and she conducted a short questionnaire. I'm assuming if they feel that you would be a good candidate for the position they set up a interview with a local district manager. I traveled an hour away and met with the GM and I thought that the interview went well and I had all the credentials or even over qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest situation that you had to deal with in a previous position.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, who was very unclear about what the company and position was all about. She avoided telling me the base pay total and told me that I should make worse case salary that is no where close to what I am making. I was totally mislead in order to get me hired.

Interview Questions

• not difficult question, just be careful you read in between the line on the answers they give you. also make sure you ask a lot of question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate offer, but it wasn't close to what I was told, I was totally mislead and the HR team did nothing about it except say sorry.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. The manager interviewing me was very enthusiastic and seemed like he really wanted to hire the best and most energetic people for the company. I was called by human resources and screened before I could have my interview with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a job where sales was a major part of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Roswell, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Brief phone screen with recruiter. In person interview with branch manager of desired location. Lastly, in person interview with area manager. Each in person interview was short and to the point. Express your enthusiasm for sales and how you will make a difference. There are many applicants for this position so be sure to detail your accomplishments on how you are above the other candidates. Make your resume accomplishment oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

meet with area manager, then got offered the job from the recruiter, he called me and then i was able to do a drug test and then if i passed which i did i was able to get the position and started when i could, with in three weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no neogotiating, straight, this is what you get paid.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Lexington, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and several weeks later got called by a corporate recruiter who lined me up with and interview at a local branch which lead to another interview at another local branch and then I the next day I was offered the job. The corporate recruiter told me some things about the job which I later found out were not true when I got the job. For example, he told me that if you work on Saturday, you get a day off during the week --- not true.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, its hourly pay