Hertz Interview Questions in Park Ridge, NJ | Glassdoor

Hertz Interview Questions in Park Ridge, NJ

2.6

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

2 In person interviews. 1 phone interview. Mostly JS Questions, some HTML, CSS, Mobile, Agile, Backbone and Jquery. Interviewed with hiring manager first. Senior employee second. VP of ecommerce last .

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Everything went well ,except prepare yourself well about the projects you've completed in your coursework or in your past experiences.

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took a little back and forth, and we negotiated terms that were subsequently revoked. It is important to insist on having terms spelled out in contract, otherwise they will alter the terms as they see fit.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was very easy mostly behavioral questions and resume based questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. Phone interview followed by in person interview. I was interviewd by software architect and software manager. Both of them were very friendly and maked the process easy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ).

Interview

Applied in July and received a call from HR in September. Initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with the Director of the Division. After sending thank you notes was invited back to a second interview a few days later with VP of the division. I was pretty sure I bombed the interview; however I was made an offer the following week.

The best part of the experience was my HR contact. Very nice individual who guided me through the entire process start to finish. Before both of my interviews he came down and gave me pep talks which really helped me calm my nerves. He also walked me up to the offices introduced me to future supervisors. Definitely a great experience and really has me considering a career in Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to make a move to New Jersey?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Two days after the offer was made I received a phone call stating there was a hold up and some internal things going on. I pretty much made up my mind that they were going to withdraw my offer, since I had a similar incident earlier this year.

A week later the offer was extended once again; however the initial hold up was my new supervisor requesting that I receive a larger salary than what HR was offering. HR said no because they didn't believe my skills corresponded with more than the base salary. The compensation and the benefits package are a little low, but I believe the experience and the name on my resume will more than make up for that.

There's no where to go from here but up!

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

They made me take a typing test even though I was working there as a temp for six months It was so unmemorable I can't recall any details. i was hired as a temp and they still made me interview tro make it a perm job. Ridiculous

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I went in for two separate interview sessions, each consisting of two 1-on-1 interviews and then a group interview with the hiring managers. So, in total, I met with 8 people over the course of two weeks.

First red flag came when they were 40 minutes late for my first interview, meaning I sat in the lobby for an hour. I had to keep asking the receptionist for an update every 10 minutes because I was told nothing. This resulted in me leaving 1.5 hours later than expected, as all my scheduled interviews had to be reorganized. By the time I took the skills test, it was already past 1pm and I was starving because I hadn't eaten since 8am (my interview was to start at 9am). I would learn this was not an isolated incident, as they were 20 minutes late for my second interview as well.

Having been on a dozen interviews over the past month, I was surprised to notice the low energy from the HR staff to the hiring managers. One of the HR staff was there for only a month and seemed like he hated his job. The company environment didn't immediately strike me as pessimistic, but that was the feeling I got in the first interview even though they gave me great feedback the following day.

By the second interview, I had a better understanding of the work culture. Unfortunately, they seem to undervalue some of their employees and may be out of touch with modern, lean policies.

Interview Questions

I got 3 job offers all within a week of each other and Hertz was a far third. Compensation was the lowest, even though the responsibility would suggest otherwise. But most importantly, it was all about company culture. My interviews at the other two companies were stellar because their people were enthusiastic about their roles and excited about bringing on new talent.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

I went to the career fair and interviewed a couple of more times after that.

Data Base Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

the interview was easy way back when I applied for job out of college. spent a long time with company then they moved to florida. questions are basic questions that you can look online and they are right there and to the book

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer