Hertz Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from a recruiter to set up an in person interview at the branch location. Asked basic behavioral and experience questions off of a sheet of paper

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

face to face then phone interview followed by group interview then several days if not weeks later call from HR with job offer. starting date a few weeks after that

Sales Agen Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Background check takes 6 weeks, then a drug test. On site interview with manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Incredibly easy - nothing out of the dark. They hardly have enough candidates to be choosy. The hiring team is not very competent, and their questions are simple. Basically, if you exist as a real live person, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe one difficult situation at your previous job and how you mitigated it.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I met a branch manager at a career fair at my university. We had a casual conversation; I later learned that this was considered my first interview. I was later contacted by a recruiter on the phone who set up an interview for me with the regional HR manager. I was interviewed by the HR manager at the regional office in Sea-Tac, WA. The office had a functioning retail branch on the bottom floor and offices upstairs. All that I could think was, "What am I doing here? What am I getting myself into? I need a job though, don't want to move back home after graduation..." The interview went well and I recieved another call from the same recruiter about a week later. He offered me the position of Management Trainee, pending a drug test and background check. I passed both tests and the recruiter emails me to let me know I've been hired, then about a week later I got an email from him saying that "the company can no longer go forward with my candidacy for employment". So I'm freaking out because this is right before finals and I find out that I'm as unemployed as I was a month and a half ago, then I get another email from the same recruiter saying that the email was sent in error, he used the internet slang "lol" a number of times in this email. Needless to say, I was not "laughing out loud". I started my job as planned a month later.

Airport Location Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

1. What's your management style.
    2. Why Hertz?
    3. Tell me about a time when you went above the call of duty.
    4. What was the benefit for the company?
    5. If I was to call your previous managers what would they say is your greatest strength is?
    6. What would they say your greatest weakness is?
    7. Have you ever worked with union employees?
    8. Have you ever had to deal with angry customers face-to-face?
    9. What did you like the most about working at ____________?
    10. What did you like least about working at___________?
    11. Did you do any sort of preparing at all for this interview, what questions do you have for me?
    12. This location is the 15th busiest in the county and is open 24/7, 365 days a year. We need someone who has flexibility in their schedule. Is that an issue?
    13. Rank these items in order of importance: fleet development, customer service, profitability,________.
    14. Why did you rank __________ as number one?
    15. How many employees have you supervised before?

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Apply at Hertz.jobs and a recruiter will contact the applicant. Then an Area Manager will set up an interview and a second interview with a Branch Manager. Applicant must pass a background and drug test. It typically takes about 2 weeks for confirmation of a start date once the background and drug test come back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as part of a team. What did you learn from working as a part of a team?   Answer Question