Hess Corporation Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university career website and was invited for an interview a few weeks later. The interview was pretty relaxed with two current engineers. They had 3 or 4 STAR questions and it lasted about 30 minutes. They responded within two weeks and gave two weeks for a response.

Interview Questions

• When did you witness a safety hazard during past work experience and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then a team interview.

My peers were great but the hiring manager and business head seemed skeptical. In reality, I didn't like the business head and found out she didn't last. I'm happy my offer was cancelled in the end.

I tried applying for another job 2 years later but I could never get their website to work.

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Dropped of my resume at their booth at the AAPG Student Expo. They called that evening to set up an interview the next morning. The interview was with a panel of 2 employees. They mostly asked the stereotypical HR questions which provide no significance or insight into the candidate, in my opinion. I was fairly ready for them though and just gave my pre-rehearsed answers. Didn't talk to me much about science. Never heard back from them that I didn't get the internship. Just radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Here at Hess we are very committed to employee safety. Can you describe a time where you recognized a potentially dangerous situation and acted in an appropriate manner to promote health and safety?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked questions about my knowledge and advised about HESS culture and how this is culture is not for everyone with the professionalism. Hess is oil and gas so we need to be professional at all times as we do not know whom will be visiting and when.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever created an account in AD before   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It comprised on an initial screening call with the recruiter. Once the employer completed the screening, a face to face interview was arranged with the hiring manager and the technical advisor for the group. Questions were relatively straight forward and it allowed me to showcase my background and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got set up by a recruiting company for an interview. Basic interview questions like past experience and why would you be a good fit. Went through resume and a quick tour of work area. Got the offer almost 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since this was a contract position

Senior Specialist EHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview was with four staff members including project members outside if EHS. This was after getting through phase 1 with HR screening. A lot of info was provided about the organization if the company, which turned out to be moot since it is currently undergoing a reorg. Don't know if I will even have a job there next week.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about exploration activities that I had to wing t because most of my experience has been in downstream and Hess is exiting the downstream business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was good and based on salary grade levels for the type of work I would be doing.