Hess Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hess Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by current employee and the interview was set up pretty quickly. I was interviewed by the dept manager then 2 of the team members. Test was given but I wasn't sure about how to answered the questions as I didn't have the background knowledge of this field.

Interview Questions

• Basically was asking why I am applying for the job and what was the challenges I had encountered in the past work experiences.   Answer Question

Operations Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

1st is phone interview with HR, just a behavior question and your availability. 2nd interview is on site. Two store manager will give you a interview, and ask your skill, previous working experience, and your future goal

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then a team interview.

My peers were great but the hiring manager and business head seemed skeptical. In reality, I didn't like the business head and found out she didn't last. I'm happy my offer was cancelled in the end.

I tried applying for another job 2 years later but I could never get their website to work.

Executive Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I meet with the HR person who asked basic questions. Then meet with the IT manager and a VP (via video conference) based in Houstin. Overall not impressed and the tone of the questions were negative and nothing technical was asked. And, they asked several illegal interview questions about my family status.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and attended an information session on campus., where I handed off my resume and sort of gave them a pitch for why I would be a good candidate to interview. Was interviewed the next day, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions. Conducted by two interviewers, who were recent hired, and only lasted about thirty minutes

Interview Questions

• They have a large focus on safety, and I was asked about a time I made a safety improvement in some circumstance, which caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question

Geologist/Geophysicist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. Recruiters were very friendly and happy to answer questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview was laid back and not challenging. Mostly asked you to elaborate on your resume and your experiences/ skillets.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

I went to an on-campus information session that was offered through my college and I got my interview by talking to them afterwards. There was a group of Hess employees conducting the interviews, half engineers, half HR. My experience was very negative, the engineers were very aggressive and rude, the junior one was CHECKING HIS PHONE during the interview and the senior did not seem to notice/care. I was told to expect a phone call the week after the interview, which never materialized, and I never received any communications from Hess after that.

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Dropped of my resume at their booth at the AAPG Student Expo. They called that evening to set up an interview the next morning. The interview was with a panel of 2 employees. They mostly asked the stereotypical HR questions which provide no significance or insight into the candidate, in my opinion. I was fairly ready for them though and just gave my pre-rehearsed answers. Didn't talk to me much about science. Never heard back from them that I didn't get the internship. Just radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Here at Hess we are very committed to employee safety. Can you describe a time where you recognized a potentially dangerous situation and acted in an appropriate manner to promote health and safety?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

First, walk through my resume and ask questions based on my experience. They interested in my experience related to oil project. Then, questions about your habits, what do you do in your spare time, etc.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question