Hess Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hess Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.7

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

First round on campus, all behavior questions,very professional interviewers; second round at their headquarter, very nice experience. I was interviewed by four managers who are all very nice and professional. I got the interview results one week after the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• describe your experience in resolving conflicts.   1 Answer
    • what is your strength   1 Answer

Operations Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

1st is phone interview with HR, just a behavior question and your availability. 2nd interview is on site. Two store manager will give you a interview, and ask your skill, previous working experience, and your future goal

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

The interview was personality based to see if you will get along with the team. Everyone is super friendly and personable, so they want to work with others like them.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 24 hour shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was quick and easy. HR and background testing did take a long time however.

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then a team interview.

My peers were great but the hiring manager and business head seemed skeptical. In reality, I didn't like the business head and found out she didn't last. I'm happy my offer was cancelled in the end.

I tried applying for another job 2 years later but I could never get their website to work.

Executive Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I meet with the HR person who asked basic questions. Then meet with the IT manager and a VP (via video conference) based in Houstin. Overall not impressed and the tone of the questions were negative and nothing technical was asked. And, they asked several illegal interview questions about my family status.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Found the job posting on my schools career website and applied through there. Was contacted and invited to a dinner when they were in town for a career fair the night before interviews. The dinner was used as a chance to learn more about the company and ask all your typical questions that you would normally ask during an interview to make the interview more meaningful. The recruiters were awesome and very easy to talk to.

The actual interview was two, 30 min, 2 on 1 interviews back to back. Typical on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available for interns! Very competitive though

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and attended an information session on campus., where I handed off my resume and sort of gave them a pitch for why I would be a good candidate to interview. Was interviewed the next day, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions. Conducted by two interviewers, who were recent hired, and only lasted about thirty minutes

Interview Questions

• They have a large focus on safety, and I was asked about a time I made a safety improvement in some circumstance, which caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

I talked to recruiters at Career Fair on campus. Two months later was invited to an Info Session and Interview on site. Two Senior Managers asked mostly behavioral questions and received a response in 5 days.

Geologist/Geophysicist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. Recruiters were very friendly and happy to answer questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview was laid back and not challenging. Mostly asked you to elaborate on your resume and your experiences/ skillets.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

I went to an on-campus information session that was offered through my college and I got my interview by talking to them afterwards. There was a group of Hess employees conducting the interviews, half engineers, half HR. My experience was very negative, the engineers were very aggressive and rude, the junior one was CHECKING HIS PHONE during the interview and the senior did not seem to notice/care. I was told to expect a phone call the week after the interview, which never materialized, and I never received any communications from Hess after that.