Hess Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.7

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Dropped of my resume at their booth at the AAPG Student Expo. They called that evening to set up an interview the next morning. The interview was with a panel of 2 employees. They mostly asked the stereotypical HR questions which provide no significance or insight into the candidate, in my opinion. I was fairly ready for them though and just gave my pre-rehearsed answers. Didn't talk to me much about science. Never heard back from them that I didn't get the internship. Just radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Here at Hess we are very committed to employee safety. Can you describe a time where you recognized a potentially dangerous situation and acted in an appropriate manner to promote health and safety?   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

Two separate interviews first one with the HR associate and the second interview with the manager of that department. This position was located in NJ however there were a number of meetings held in the NYC offices as well.
    Note: extremely East coast dress code - any color shirt as long as it is white, and suits required.

Interview Questions

• Accounting experience working within the oil and gas industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

as anticipated

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

First, walk through my resume and ask questions based on my experience. They interested in my experience related to oil project. Then, questions about your habits, what do you do in your spare time, etc.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked questions about my knowledge and advised about HESS culture and how this is culture is not for everyone with the professionalism. Hess is oil and gas so we need to be professional at all times as we do not know whom will be visiting and when.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever created an account in AD before   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It comprised on an initial screening call with the recruiter. Once the employer completed the screening, a face to face interview was arranged with the hiring manager and the technical advisor for the group. Questions were relatively straight forward and it allowed me to showcase my background and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

As a store Assistant Manager, I was taken out to lunch by a former Marketing Representative and offered the job and told what the schedule of events would be

Negotiation

Wasn't too much of a negotiation, having not had a salaried position before, I didn't know what else could be done. I was essentially told what my salary would be.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Multiple face to face interviews with key team members and leaders. Casual, informative and impressive

Negotiation

Great offer, accepted immediately

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a day long in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly easy.   1 Answer