Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview and very shallow questions. Interviewer could have been a little sharper and more prepared. The panel was very disorganized and took 15 minutes just to get everyone prepared and ready to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They are very well organized and follow a strict interview policy. They have decent follow up before and after the initial interview. The interviews are thorough and well thought out. I would encourage others to go through the interview process with HP.

Interview Questions

• On the spot technical questions that are from the book.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX).

Interview

Just a typical type of interview. Not panel.

Interview Questions

• They did ask technical questions so be prepared to review their product line in a little more depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

typical

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied on line and had an internal employee float my resume directly to the hiring manager and recruiting manager. After an initial screening with Hr I started a series of 5 phone interviews with management. Once that was completed I was given an offer by the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Was contacted about the job from an employee. Was recomended for a senior role in the outsourcing former EDS division. Was not offered the job but was recommened for another job on the Public sector sales side of HP and was not offered that job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want this job when you have had more senior roles in the past?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2015.

Interview

There was very little interview process , a meeting with line manager and then a subsequent offer
    from there it was onto shadowing with very little/no induction or starter training
    shortly after you are left on your own to visit customers and represent the brand how you think it should , this leaves huge margin for error and as such results in poor consistency across the brand.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2014.

Interview

Firstly phone screening, then another phone screening. Asking about my role as and Inside Sales in previous companies. And then the recruiter asking about my knowledge of IT product and how much target that I've hit previously. She also asking about my sales skills. Later she have asked me about my previous salary. After that she had explained about the role that they were going to offer to me. Later proceed with 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you about the Inside Sales Account Manager role   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I was the principal candidate under consideration. I had worked closely with the hiring manager during my time with an HP partner so we already knew each other well. Second interview was with a local manager who I would have a dotted line relationship with.

My references were checked and interviewed for a substantial amount of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Advice: Get what you want right away. Once you're in, you will ind out that there is usually 0 budget for raises.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

background work in finding out what dept you are applying to and if you have friends working in the dept. Interviews are usually more of a formality rather than a real interview. The issue is usually on price.