Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2009.

Interview

A number of interviews with HR, line managers and peers

Interview Questions

• The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package was inline with the advertised position so there was no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Interview

Tough to get noticed by the automated application processor, some managers seemed to have highly coveted positions as they often do not respond quickly. The initial screen process provides feedback of the application quickly, but an actual person is slow to respond to your posting. Best to have your resume walked to a manager if you want to be seen.

Interview Questions

• What accounts can you bring to the table and please share your formula / process to open a competitors account and dislodge your competition products without getting into a bidding war.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

Interview

I eventually was hired after working there before and terminated due to recession. One manager did not want me back. His manager above him hired anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here again?   1 Answer
    • Would you relocate from here to another HP office?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online after which had 3 separate interviews

1. HR and standard background checks and motivations for the application
    2. Hiring Managers panel interview, in depth work experience and background questions
    3. Last Minute Presentation Request with Panel interview.

Negotiation

Package received was the agreed structure, HR tried to negotiate lower but with Hiring managers support eventually got the deal I wanted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2014.

Interview

Firstly phone screening, then another phone screening. Asking about my role as and Inside Sales in previous companies. And then the recruiter asking about my knowledge of IT product and how much target that I've hit previously. She also asking about my sales skills. Later she have asked me about my previous salary. After that she had explained about the role that they were going to offer to me. Later proceed with 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you about the Inside Sales Account Manager role   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They are very well organized and follow a strict interview policy. They have decent follow up before and after the initial interview. The interviews are thorough and well thought out. I would encourage others to go through the interview process with HP.

Interview Questions

• On the spot technical questions that are from the book.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

Straight forward process, telephone interview and two face to face interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX).

Interview

Just a typical type of interview. Not panel.

Interview Questions

• They did ask technical questions so be prepared to review their product line in a little more depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

typical

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Istanbul (Turkey)) in December 2011.

Interview

I decided to apply for a Pre-Sales job post I have seen on the company web page. As I was acquainted with one of the local HR managers in the company, I decided to send her a message from LinkedIn. She responded immediately, asking me to apply directly from the official company site and send my resume to herself and another local HR manager.
    A week later, I received a call from the HR to arrange for an interview with HP Procurve regional manager, yet not about the position I applied for, but for a more sales oriented one. I agreed to meet anyway, since even if I was displeased about the position offer and decided not to move on, it is always good to add someone to your network. We set the interview date a week later, in HP Headquarters. The interview went very positive. The country manager was the only person present in the interview. We discussed the offered position's responsibilities, what chances it offers, how my career has developed, how I can contribute to HP Procurve's targets, and son on. Finally, the country manager suggested that I take a few days' time to decide on whether I would like to move to a direct sales position and inform him accordingly.
    After 3-4 days, I called him back and told that I was reluctant to move to a direct sales position.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well under pressure of a quarterly quota?   1 Answer

Although, I had applied for a more technical position, the interview was about an account manager position. After the first meeting and careful rethinking, I decided I didn't want to move to a direct sales related position at that moment. So I decided not to waste any more of my time and the interviewer's time. Hence, I informed the country manager and company HR of my decision. We thanked each other at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied on line and had an internal employee float my resume directly to the hiring manager and recruiting manager. After an initial screening with Hr I started a series of 5 phone interviews with management. Once that was completed I was given an offer by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Sydney (Australia) The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview What accounts can you bring to the table and please share your formula / process to open a competitors account and dislodge your competition products without getting into a bidding war.
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Why do you want to work here again?
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Would you relocate from here to another HP office?
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) What do you about the Inside Sales Account Manager role
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Plano, TX On the spot technical questions that are from the book.
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Birmingham, England (UK) No standout questions
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Plano, TX They did ask technical questions so be prepared to review their product line in a little more depth.
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Istanbul (Turkey) Can you work well under pressure of a quarterly quota?
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Dallas, TX Describe a atypical sale in your previous position
Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Dallas, TX Why do you want to leave your current employer