Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I had 2 interviews each for about 30 minutes. the first interview was with one of the direct managers the other interview was with the senior manager. Iwas asked about my prior experience why do I think i fit the role, what will be my first actions in the role

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bad Homburg v. d. Höhe (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bad Homburg v. d. Höhe (Germany)).

Interview

Mehrere Interviews mit Business und HR schnelle Antwort und Prozess, war sehr leicht und nicht wirklich strukturiert hätteich von so einem global player nicht gedacht erstes Gespräch mi Hiring Manager, dann noch zwei Zukünftige Kollege, dann VP, dann HR Manager ginn sehr schnell

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2014.

Interview

Firstly phone screening, then another phone screening. Asking about my role as and Inside Sales in previous companies. And then the recruiter asking about my knowledge of IT product and how much target that I've hit previously. She also asking about my sales skills. Later she have asked me about my previous salary. After that she had explained about the role that they were going to offer to me. Later proceed with 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you about the Inside Sales Account Manager role   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2015.

Interview

There was very little interview process , a meeting with line manager and then a subsequent offer
    from there it was onto shadowing with very little/no induction or starter training
    shortly after you are left on your own to visit customers and represent the brand how you think it should , this leaves huge margin for error and as such results in poor consistency across the brand.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Oslo (Norway)) in July 2011.

Interview

Two fairly straight forward interviews with the hiring manager and his manager, with a total duration of maybe 2-3 hours. It took them a very long time to present an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview and very shallow questions. Interviewer could have been a little sharper and more prepared. The panel was very disorganized and took 15 minutes just to get everyone prepared and ready to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They are very well organized and follow a strict interview policy. They have decent follow up before and after the initial interview. The interviews are thorough and well thought out. I would encourage others to go through the interview process with HP.

Interview Questions

• On the spot technical questions that are from the book.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

Several Interviews, explained the EDS Way, told about dress code, no drinking at lunch hour, the interviewers were less experienced so the answers to most questions were accepted at face value. Interviewers seemed more interested in the company I left.

Interview Questions

• The statements about giving all, not clock watching, what to wear, etc. were all unexpected as most of the comments were just common sense for a management position. But the interviewers were at pains to explain that image was made EDS different. They were also interested in how many existing customers I could bring with me. Poach in other words. Wouldn't do this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted, they agreed. Should have asked for more, but as it was, I did ask for a big increase. Of course, word on the street is that you wont see an increase for many years, or a bonus, so I made sure to include these in my demands. I am only at EDS for the money, so in a year or two, if they don't deliver, I will leave.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

Straight forward process, telephone interview and two face to face interviews.