Hewlett-Packard Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Interview

background work in finding out what dept you are applying to and if you have friends working in the dept. Interviews are usually more of a formality rather than a real interview. The issue is usually on price.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Istanbul (Turkey)) in December 2011.

Interview

I decided to apply for a Pre-Sales job post I have seen on the company web page. As I was acquainted with one of the local HR managers in the company, I decided to send her a message from LinkedIn. She responded immediately, asking me to apply directly from the official company site and send my resume to herself and another local HR manager.
    A week later, I received a call from the HR to arrange for an interview with HP Procurve regional manager, yet not about the position I applied for, but for a more sales oriented one. I agreed to meet anyway, since even if I was displeased about the position offer and decided not to move on, it is always good to add someone to your network. We set the interview date a week later, in HP Headquarters. The interview went very positive. The country manager was the only person present in the interview. We discussed the offered position's responsibilities, what chances it offers, how my career has developed, how I can contribute to HP Procurve's targets, and son on. Finally, the country manager suggested that I take a few days' time to decide on whether I would like to move to a direct sales position and inform him accordingly.
    After 3-4 days, I called him back and told that I was reluctant to move to a direct sales position.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well under pressure of a quarterly quota?   1 Answer

Although, I had applied for a more technical position, the interview was about an account manager position. After the first meeting and careful rethinking, I decided I didn't want to move to a direct sales related position at that moment. So I decided not to waste any more of my time and the interviewer's time. Hence, I informed the country manager and company HR of my decision. We thanked each other at the end.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Oslo (Norway)) in July 2011.

Interview

Two fairly straight forward interviews with the hiring manager and his manager, with a total duration of maybe 2-3 hours. It took them a very long time to present an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online after which had 3 separate interviews

1. HR and standard background checks and motivations for the application
    2. Hiring Managers panel interview, in depth work experience and background questions
    3. Last Minute Presentation Request with Panel interview.

Negotiation

Package received was the agreed structure, HR tried to negotiate lower but with Hiring managers support eventually got the deal I wanted.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

Interview

I eventually was hired after working there before and terminated due to recession. One manager did not want me back. His manager above him hired anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here again?   1 Answer
    • Would you relocate from here to another HP office?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

Straight forward process, telephone interview and two face to face interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2009.

Interview

A number of interviews with HR, line managers and peers

Interview Questions

• The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package was inline with the advertised position so there was no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

Several Interviews, explained the EDS Way, told about dress code, no drinking at lunch hour, the interviewers were less experienced so the answers to most questions were accepted at face value. Interviewers seemed more interested in the company I left.

Interview Questions

• The statements about giving all, not clock watching, what to wear, etc. were all unexpected as most of the comments were just common sense for a management position. But the interviewers were at pains to explain that image was made EDS different. They were also interested in how many existing customers I could bring with me. Poach in other words. Wouldn't do this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted, they agreed. Should have asked for more, but as it was, I did ask for a big increase. Of course, word on the street is that you wont see an increase for many years, or a bonus, so I made sure to include these in my demands. I am only at EDS for the money, so in a year or two, if they don't deliver, I will leave.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2008.

Interview

Initial shortlisting followed by 1 on 1

pay was less

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Interview

Tough to get noticed by the automated application processor, some managers seemed to have highly coveted positions as they often do not respond quickly. The initial screen process provides feedback of the application quickly, but an actual person is slow to respond to your posting. Best to have your resume walked to a manager if you want to be seen.

Interview Questions

• What accounts can you bring to the table and please share your formula / process to open a competitors account and dislodge your competition products without getting into a bidding war.   Answer Question