Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.8

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

In depth interview. Test knowledge of Solaris and networking skills. Hardware knowledge of Sun E10K. Accomplishments in current job.Experience installing Solaris servers. Have you had training on Solaris servers?

Interview Questions

• Are you Solaris certified?
      Talk about network experience.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for 100000/year. Negotiated 94500/year.

Services Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HP recruiter. Then phone interviews with hiring manager, several prospective teammates who report to the hiring manager, and one level above the hiring manager. Relaxed, conversational process overall.

Interview Questions

• References from other company employees whom the interviewers knew specifically was a general theme / high priority.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone screening was kinda easy. It was basically a conference call among several people and yourself. The interviewers were pretty nice and seemed pretty much like family. The questions I was asked were based on what was on my resume and my personal experiences with computers.

Technical Solutions Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with the hiring manager, her manager, and their director. They're looking for people that stand out in a crowd, that are very personable, and able to build/maintain relationships. Everyone involved with hp has such a great mind set, they're all positive and willing to give you a chance. Being confident and sure about yourself will help you get the job with hp. They're not concerned about applicants product knowledge, because that is trainable. Which is nice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

First questioned asked was about the company then it went downhill from there. They didn't too much care about me as a person or my work ethic they just cared about what I knew about the company

Technology Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very professional and very solid. This interview was, by far, the best interview that I have ever had. I was able to talk to the interviewer as a person, instead of a hire by number robot. Very awesome!

Technology Solution Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Managers came to my school and did open interviews. I signed up for a time slot and it started there. This initial interview was more about getting to know about the type of person I am at the surface level. Then they invited me to a second interview at the site. This interview process was in 3 phases.
    1) i was greeted by management and they went over my resume and asked more basic work approach and social questions.

2) Sent to another person and it was more about the technical experience i have within the realms of my college experience. Asked about how i worked in group projects.

3) Sent to my final person who was a senior level within the specific product (SQL) I applied for. This was the technical portion of the interview. Talked programmer languages and how much i knew about each.

NOTE: The people were friendly and made me feel comfortable. It helped because i was very nervous.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you prioritize your heavy college work load and how would you apply that to the work place ?

2) What is your greatest weakness?

3)What would people who have worked in a group project with you, say about you ?
      Answer Question

Supply Chain IT Developer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I first found this position through a career fair at my university and they were looking for developers. After speaking with the recruiter, she said to email her since she felt that I was a great fit for the group that she was a part of. So after the career fair, I went home and emailed the recruiter and she quickly responded and gave me the details to visit their on the coming day. (I live about 30 minutes away from the office and had my own car).

Interview Questions

• They asked me behavioral questions and projects that I have done in the past.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer HP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

Supply Chain IT DeveloperInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met through college recruiter. Received a phone call a week later to have an online interview (like Skype, Google Hangout). Behavioral interview with several people that asked nothing about coding. Never heard back after the interview.