Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Boise, ID | Glassdoor

2.9

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

Remote telephone interview over the phone. Started informal conversation, asked about why I was interested in job, what specific skills I had that would apply. My questions were around what is expected in this position and what would I need to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, but included "How would you handle this particular situation" with respect to resource availability and location.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

I constantly watch the HP Jobs website and look at postings on a regular basis. The first interview was over the phone with an HR person. The 2nd step is a panel interview with 2 peers and the department head. The job was easily scheduled on location with th department head's executive assistant.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10 how lucky are you?   1 Answer
    • How does your experience help you prepare for the responsibilities of this position?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to relocate to Boise, Idaho?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in July 2015.

Interview

Two short phone interviews and then hired. Nothing out of the ordinary. Clear they were looking to fill a need and when they found the right fit they ran with it. Not a lot of vetting out or re-interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in slower times at work?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interview process consisted if six separate interviews - with mix of managers and individual contributors. All did a great job of describing the team environment and aspects if the job. Questions were focused on prior experience at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to compromise for the better good of a team.   Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview. They asked some question from resume and any concerns I had about the position. They answer my questions and asked me to have another interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working for this other company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

MyITpc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in March 2014.

Interview

phone interview then in person interview. phone interview was with a panel and asked technical questions regarding ability and how-to's. in person interview was a lot of situational questions and personality questions. "How would you handle..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a technical phone interview with three interviewers on the line who asked questions about problem solving/troubleshooting skills, very little small talk or get to know you: 30 minutes. Phone interview was on a Friday and received an email the following Monday to schedule an in person interview, 40 min

Interview Questions

• None of them were difficult: Very basic questions about viruses, power source, Linux, Windows Server, syncing email accounts etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via telephone by the division manager for an interview. From submitting the application to getting the phone call was about 5-6 weeks. The interview was structured so that I saw two managers in the morning, had lunch with two team members, and saw two more managers in the afternoon. The interviews were all one-on-one and pretty typical.

Interview Questions

• How many power poles are there between Seattle and Portland?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in June 2013.

Interview

They are standard phone screens and resume reviews prior to really getting your foot in the door.

The interview is fairly informal once you are on campus. You will talk to a number of different people in a variety of settings. They will be getting to know you better and simply being friendly.