Hewlett-Packard Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2016

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone interview, it went good. Three people asked question over the phone, it went for 30 minutes. Question was related to requirement gathering, which I answered well. Overall conversation was good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was a good interview. I met with different people and they asked me questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job that I am applying for. There were very pleasant and it seems like they are a good company to work for. They also asked about how I can help HP grow.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than than the other applicants for this position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very good, interviewed several people in the group I would be working with. You interview with people you work with and then you interview with the Director and the Vice President of the Group. The interviews were positive. I got asked many questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job. There were no "hard nosed" difficult interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Easy interview. Had an initial screening with HR followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Brought me into a face to face to offer me the job. The final meeting with the manager was taken on site at the coffee shop

Interview Questions

• Questions were your general behavioral questions. Easy interview. Had an initial screening with HR followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Brought me into a face to face to offer me the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with the manager of the department. It was very laid back and simple with easy questions. The second round was in-person with three other business analysts. They had very specific questions about my resume and I could tell that they took the time to really review my materials before meeting me (which I appreciated). The questions weren't very difficult, but it was evident that they were looking for someone who perfectly fit their company (and it was clear that I didn't). Overall, I would advise you to really study everything on your resume and find ways to relate it to the department. Got a call back a few weeks later with them announcing they picked other people for the positions.

Interview Questions

• How do you best learn new things?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay organized?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with writing queries,   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They cannot conduct face to face interviews for contract employees. Both interviews were with the hiring manager who I loved working for. Very average in terms of questions asked and it was pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• More experience based than behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR. It was a very simple and friendly interview, mostly about my background, trying to find out what I have done in the past so as to figure out if it matches up with the role.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

You will get contacted by a recruiter first. Then if you make the cut the hiring manager will want to meet with you. After at least one interview, maybe more, a decision will be made. Ask for as much $$ as you think you can get!!! If they can't pay you that, they will just offer you less. Do not sell your self short. It's very hard to get raises after you get in. So... start as high as you can.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when..... It will all be behavioral interview questions. Be prepared for that! You will be asked questions about the SDLC, your knowledge of the particular system/business you'll be working with and your ability to work as a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. Got contacted by the HR for a phone interview about a week alter. The phone interview was nothing tricky. Were told to be referred to the hirings, but never been reached. I then contacted the HR again, and told that they have been moving on with somebody else.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.