Hewlett-Packard Business Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Business Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I applied this job through my college career fair. The manager who interviews seemed get mad at students since many applications were not fixed with this position. However, he gave us a general advice to pass the interview: prepare, practice, and practice interview questions, and show how you can match with this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2015.

Interview

I was greeted properly and immediately escorted to meet with the interviewer. Very professional, totally focused on me and the interview, very patient and attentive. Asked great questions that were job related and task related. Good listener.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to emphasize skills and competencies that relate to the job and the role.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

There was no hiring or interview process as HP bought the company I was with and so I transitioned over without this process but a few others had to re-interview. There was a major re-alignment of job titles, organizations and management at the time and several afterwards, but no further interviews were required.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met at on-campus recruiting fair at a large, reputable school. Really hit it off with recruiter who asked me to email him if I was interested and submit a formal resume. I submitted my resume and sent a follow up email. Interviews started about 3 weeks after and began with a quick phone screening. Once passed, another phone interview was scheduled. My interview was with a current, experienced Business Consultant. General case questions where creativity and thought process were factors. Nothing too difficult just wanted to see how you would respond. Another 2 phone interviews later (very similar) I had a verbal offer while the paperwork was worked out and then finally received the formal offer, which I obviously accepted. And happy that I did.

Interview Questions

• I'll be honest, it was a while ago that I had these interviews. I read a case study book and studied several case studies while in school and felt comfortable. The part that you can't study for is the "fit test." When you travel 4-5 days a week, it's an important test to pass.

I do know people that were expected to present some of their collegiate work that applied to the position. Just depends on the interviewer and the specific job you are aiming for.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a fair market offer and I was pleased to accept.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Alumni and University connections:
    1. Phone Interview
    2. 1:1 Interview 2 rounds
    3. Phone Interview with Director
    Research about work profile; Industry and service offerings helped

Interview Questions

• Mini case interview -- how would you solve a particular buss. problem   3 Answers

Negotiation

Not a whole lot; joined during recession

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very quick, 3 interviews, questions around technical know-how and career. very informal, all the interviews were with managers, very friendly. The process had the duration of around 3 weeks, in the last interview, before the offer we were talking about availability to start, at that moment i was sure that i get the job.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Ballia, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very tough screening
    Made me to chalk down a business plan of any of my recent project
    Asked me about the originals documents of my qualification
    Lot of pressure

Made me feel very tensed
    Pressure is not the word
    The HR staff was very rude
    Did not make me very comforable

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Questions

• What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

I cannot comment as I came in on the graduate scheme which was based around an initial phone interview, a technical phone interview and then a one day assessment center

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

had a telephonic screening first to check if i have the desired skill sets . This followed by two rounds of 1:1 interview . The interview was focused more on knowing if i have analytical skills . Some scenarios were given to check how i would handle the case . second round of interview was mostly to brief about the project if i am am willing to take up the challenge .This was followed by the HR round .

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of the most challenging situation you faced in your work place and how did you deal with it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you feel if have done well in your interview and have a gut feel the interviewer liked you be firm on what you are asking for . You will get what you think you deserve if you are confident about yourself