Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in California

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call 2 weeks after I applied online. Interview was some technical questions but focused mainly on behavioral, I'd say it was pretty easy. I was contacted a couple weeks after my initial interview and offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I met one-on-one with three executives for about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer first asked me to describe my previous job experience and what I had been doing recently. They then asked several questions, both standard interview questions and questions meant to elaborate on my experiences and resume. The interviewers also told me about what they do and oversee in their various departments and a little about the company in general. The atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What recent product launch did you find to be particularly successful? Unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews with case studies and 5 in-site interviews. Several standard consulting case studies by phone and FtF interviews.
    People were smart and friendly, questions are challenging and interesting. Most people are from consulting industry and many of them are from India.
    I got no offer and no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Calculate how many hair salons are necessary to have in an average American town   Answer Question
    • Asked about current HP business, what would you change and why   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They scheduled 5 30-min phone interviews comprised of my potential new Director, 2 of his Director peers, 2 of my potential peers (1 Manager, 1 Individual Contributor) and 1 45-min F2F with the VP. Included a variety of interview styles - standard questions, behavioral questions and situational questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was very friendly. the questions asked in the interview by the interviewer were questions that were mostly about basics of the field I was applying for, that you must already know was for software engineer. The interview which was for two hours was split into sections of 1 hour each. The 1st one hour was taken by one person, and the second hour was taken by another person. At the end of each interview session I was given opportunity to ask questions. This was great. strait forward. Technical. Data Structure Programming skills Algorithms Word Count Space

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was reduced to a knowledge test in a field that was different from the field for position for which the interview was purportedly being conducted. Apparently a group leader from a different work group became interested and intercepted the process but failed to alert the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Specific and grueling test of knowledge in an area different from the job sought and for which the interview was originally scheduled   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone interview which was fairly straight-forward. If you know the basics of project management, you will have no problems with the phone interview. Do you know the phases of a waterfall project? Do you know the difference between waterfall and agile? Do you have your PMP? Can you plan a party? If you know all of these, then you'll be fine.

The onsite panel interview is with 3 or 4 employees. You will be asked how you use a project scheduling software package to manage projects. They're looking for both personality, knowledge and overall ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial salary offer was low. If you have a rate in mind, let them know and see if they will match your rate or come close.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. We went through a phone interview first. Then they call you in for a one on one interview at their office. If they like you then you get a call back within a week.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by hiring manager in on-campus recruiting fair.
    In a week, hiring manager contacted me for interview.

1st round of interview was general resume discussion with hiring manager in-person at my college.
    2nd round was telephonic technical interview and it was quite simple.

I was again contacted by hiring manager and discussed as why I wanted to join this position and job-details.

This entire process lasted for around 1 month and after a month I was replied by HR that they found a better candidate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick and to the point with upper management/decision makers from the beggining. The initial interview was with the recruiting department of HP to qualify you for moving forward in the process. The 2nd and 3rd interview were within 2 days of the first. The second interview was with the VP of the west and so was the third when he flew in to town the very next day to meet in person. The final interview was with the President of our entire division. I had the decision the next morning that I was on board.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions around my experience, book of business, my past experiences, where I see the industry heading and current trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple they matched current salary but the HP commission structure was far and beyond what I have ever even heard of for a sales rep.